Question: S-IC at Kennedy is from 500F?

Old August 18th 09, 02:25 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dr. Smartass, Troll Veterinarian

Default Question: S-IC at Kennedy is from 500F?

I've got a few pics from somewhere online of the Saturn V on display at
KSC. It's marked as S-IC-6, which would have been the booster for Apollo
11.

Am I remembering right that this is actually the 500F booster, repainted to
mimic #506? I think I read it here, but those grey cells aren't uplinking
like they used to.

--
Doc Smartass
Old August 18th 09, 04:14 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

"Dr. Smartass, Troll Veterinarian" wrote
in message ...

I've got a few pics from somewhere online of the Saturn V on display at
KSC. It's marked as S-IC-6, which would have been the booster for Apollo
11.

Am I remembering right that this is actually the 500F booster, repainted
mimic #506? I think I read it here, but those grey cells aren't uplinking
like they used to.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=saturn+v+displays

Then click on the first link.

Jeff
--
"Take heart amid the deepening gloom
that your dog is finally getting enough cheese" - Deteriorata - National

Old August 19th 09, 01:16 AM posted to sci.space.history
Jorge R. Frank

Jeff Findley wrote:
"Dr. Smartass, Troll Veterinarian" wrote
in message ...
I've got a few pics from somewhere online of the Saturn V on display at
KSC. It's marked as S-IC-6, which would have been the booster for Apollo
11.

Am I remembering right that this is actually the 500F booster, repainted
mimic #506? I think I read it here, but those grey cells aren't uplinking
like they used to.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=saturn+v+displays

Never heard of the "Let me Google that for you" site before, but you've
just made my all-time top ten cool list for posting that...
Old August 19th 09, 07:54 AM posted to sci.space.history
Derek Lyons

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote:

Jeff Findley wrote:
"Dr. Smartass, Troll Veterinarian" wrote
in message ...
I've got a few pics from somewhere online of the Saturn V on display at
KSC. It's marked as S-IC-6, which would have been the booster for Apollo
11.

Am I remembering right that this is actually the 500F booster, repainted
mimic #506? I think I read it here, but those grey cells aren't uplinking
like they used to.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=saturn+v+displays

Never heard of the "Let me Google that for you" site before, but you've
just made my all-time top ten cool list for posting that...

Though it wasn't deserved in this case...
http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/ is another good one.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old August 19th 09, 02:52 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
"Jorge R. Frank" wrote:

Jeff Findley wrote:
"Dr. Smartass, Troll Veterinarian"
wrote
in message ...
I've got a few pics from somewhere online of the Saturn V on display at
KSC. It's marked as S-IC-6, which would have been the booster for
Apollo
11.

Am I remembering right that this is actually the 500F booster,
repainted
mimic #506? I think I read it here, but those grey cells aren't
uplinking
like they used to.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=saturn+v+displays

Never heard of the "Let me Google that for you" site before, but you've
just made my all-time top ten cool list for posting that...

Though it wasn't deserved in this case...
http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/ is another good one.

That's a good one too, but I agree it wasn't deserved in this case.

Most of the time I find it's a bit of an art form to figure out what the
best search terms should be for a Google search. I've been at it since
Google first appeared on the web, so I'm usually pretty good at it. My
kids, however, have no clue and have a hard time getting Google to return
meaningful results. When they ask for help, I usually try to coach them on
how to pick better words for the search.

Jeff

Old August 19th 09, 04:58 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Jeff Findley wrote:
That's a good one too, but I agree it wasn't deserved in this case.

Most of the time I find it's a bit of an art form to figure out what the
best search terms should be for a Google search. I've been at it since
Google first appeared on the web, so I'm usually pretty good at it. My
kids, however, have no clue and have a hard time getting Google to return
meaningful results. When they ask for help, I usually try to coach them on
how to pick better words for the search.

Although it doesn't work anywhere near as well as it used to a few years
back, I've found doing a Google "image" search is a very good way to
track down websites that have what you are looking for.
Watch for something fairly unusual and detailed regarding what you are
interested in to come up in the results, or multiple images from the
same website.

Pat
Old August 23rd 09, 01:45 AM posted to sci.space.history
Dr. Smartass, Troll Veterinarian

"Jeff Findley" wrote in
:

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote:

Jeff Findley wrote:
[...]

Well, I did want to start a discussion--just not about Google. Yeah, I
can find it qucker on Google--but then newbie lurkers might miss out on
something interesting, or might not even know enough about a detail or
event to go looking for info about it.

Some of the most fascinating details from the Apollo missions got
mentioned here as part of a larger discussion. I'd never heard the term
"**** mitt" before and wouldn't have known to look for it in Google.

--
Doc Smartass