OM aka Bob Mosley

Old May 25th 21, 04:22 AM posted to sci.space.history
Darth Brooks

Default OM aka Bob Mosley

On 2020-07-17 8:40 AM, Bohica Johnson wrote:
On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 7:59:20 AM UTC+11, Gene DiGennaro wrote:
Some of us oldtimers here remember a fellow who went by the screename of OM. He was a cantankerous trollish fellow that knew his stuff but internet etiquette was certainly not his forte! He ruled this group for years.

It is my sad duty to inform folks that OM aka Bob Mosley passed away today from complications due to diabetes. RIP Bob, we'll miss you.

I have not been here since 2001. Sad to here about OM.

Here's a copy of an update I posted a while back in sci.space.policy:
What goes for sci.space policy also goes for sci.space.history:

If you haven't been following sci.space - sci.space.policy for awhile
you should know the following:

1) Pat Flannery passed away in October 2011.

2) The "OM", Bob Mosley passed away in October 2015.

3) Fred McCall passed away in July 2019.

4) Henry Spencer left sci.space.* news groups nearly two decades ago but
still posts on the ARocket Mailing List:

https://www.freelists.org/archive/arocket/

5) Mary Shafer never posts here anymore. I don't know what her status is
these days. [It is said shes live in retirement and no longer posts
after her husband died]

6) Rand Simberg left sci.space.* newsgroups for his own blog he

http://www.transterrestrial.com/

7) Herb Shaltegger left sci.space.* newsgroups for the forums at
NASASpaceFlight dot com he

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php

8) Greg Moore has taken over moderation of the sci.space.tech
sci.space.science newsgroups. They are pretty much exclusively news
bulletins now from NASA and The Planetary Society, but you can still
post there when Greg approves it.

There is very little traffic here anymore. Most of the discussions have
moved to the moderated web forums, like NASA Space Flight dot com (see
above).

Millennials look at newsgroups like my generation looked at punch cards!

David Hammar, "Dave H" who posted back in the day, passed away in 2013.

I used to post as "TVDadJim" but that was many moons ago.