CEV to be made commercially available

Old December 5th 05, 04:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Default CEV to be made commercially available

Pat Flannery wrote:

Which shows you that Plato hit the nail squarely on the head regarding
the competency of those who strongly desire high office. :-D

Clinton, Gore, Kerry, the other Clinton, Carter....

Old December 5th 05, 04:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:46:21 GMT, in a place far, far away, Fred J.
McCall made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

:Nothing stops anyone else from buying the same (or other) vehicles and
:sending people.
:
:Other than the fact that they're insanely expensive, that is. No one
ther than a government would go to the moon the way that NASA has
:chosen to do it.

Note the phrase "the same (or other) vehicles" in what I wrote, Rand.

I was responding to "the same."

If they think "the way that NASA has chosen to do it" is so insanely
expensive, they're free to do it some other way. Nothing is stopping
them other than getting the capital and technical assets together and
actually doing it.

rolling eyes

Yes, nothing but that. And of course, "nothing" is stopping them from
doing that, right?

I'll also note that once the vehicles are designed
and built that they'll probably be a lot cheaper for non-government
types to purchase.

But still ludicrously expensive.

The way to show that NASA is doing it 'wrong' is to go do it better,
not to wank on about how you want the money spent some other way.

Folks are working on that.
Old December 5th 05, 05:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 08:25:34 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Again, as I said, address my point being made (about the impact on
their statistical analysis tool) rather than the point you want to
respond to.

Have you considered politics Rand?

I'm sure he has.

I haven't. Or rather, I have, and know that I've no interest in it.

And I'm sure he thinks he'd be great at it, just as lil' Bush probably
thought he'd make a great president.

You're sure of lots of foolish things, Pat.
Old December 5th 05, 09:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

wrote:

Pat Flannery wrote:

Which shows you that Plato hit the nail squarely on the head regarding
the competency of those who strongly desire high office. :-D

Clinton, Gore, Kerry,

Androids don't count.

the other Clinton, Carter....

Nixon.
'nuff said.

Pat
Old December 6th 05, 07:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Scott Lowther wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:
Nixon.

You mean the one who conceded an election he knew was stolen, because he
knew that a big fight would be trouble for the republic?

I think he means the one that left office while at risk of impeachment
because a big fight would hurt his future income.

/dps

Old December 6th 05, 10:30 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 2 Dec 2005 21:53:25 -0800, in a place far, far away, "tobarn"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

It doesn't matter that half won't go, if the other half will. Or even
if a tiny percentage of them will. But please go on with your
illogic.

I see you still havent bothered to actually read any of the in-depth
Tourism marketing studies that have been done.

How would you see that?

Have you been stalking me?

Well a simple search of Google finds a thread where you were exposed
for what you are. A fraud and a liar.

And yet you can't cite it.

Sure I can. There are many of them. Heres one.

Google ID:

Since you have a history of never actually reading following up on
things which disagree with you let me summarise.

You stated a bunch of garbage that contradicts the marketing studies
and someone offered you a reference as follows,

"" However, I will
""pass on one, refer to Nishimatu analysis, in particular market
""segmentation sections and "Costs of Operation" (loose translation).
""These are spread over a long term position leading up to tourism on
the
""Lunar surface incorporating various options from completely reusable
""completely disposable.

Your reply as follows,

""I have no idea what you're talking about, or why it should be
""considered a credible or useful source.

The study in question is a major study if not the most indepth study
ever done according to NASA and other Space Tourism sites. You didnt
even know the name.

Have you at least tried
to learn their names yet so you can pretend you have.

I've actually helped develop some of them.

Complete and utter crap..I am familiar with some of the people that
have developed the in-depth studies and the wouldnt deal with scum like
you if you paid them.

Boy, talk about "frauds and liars..."

You claim to have developed in-depth studies yet still cant name them.
In the thread mentioned above, you were also asked for

""It's a very simple request. You claim to be a space tourism expert.
""What studies or analyses support your "opinions" on space tourism.

We are all still waiting for you to supply the name of these so called
studies. Just like this time your unable to because they dont exist.

You really are rather pitiful. We've watched you take your experience
as a minor flunky in a company dedicated to Private Government
contracts and delude yourself into thinking that you know something of
a commercial business. You now seem to be developing full blown
delusions that you have actually done in-depth studies on Space
Tourism.

Meanwhile, in order to compensate to for complete rejection of your
delusions you spend your time abusing anyone that wishes to post and
think that noone will notice you cant back up anything you say. Perhaps
you seriously need to think about getting back on your medication. You
are long past the stage where incarceration would be a favour to US
soceity.

Old December 6th 05, 10:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Pat Flannery wrote:
tobarn wrote:

Complete and utter crap..I am familiar with some of the people that
have developed the in-depth studies and the wouldnt deal with scum like
you if you paid them..

Oh, I bet if you paid them enough... :-)

Pat

OK, you got me. If they paid them enough. But I think they would still
demand a clause preventing anyone from finding out. They do have
certain professional standards to uphold. They could file the report
with the one from Mickey reporting that the martians have landed and
are in full control of the hershey's factory, or maybe Rand wrote that
one as well under a a false name.

Old December 7th 05, 01:42 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 6 Dec 2005 14:30:22 -0800, in a place far, far away, "tobarn"
[...]

Which proves absolutely nothing except that I hadn't read that
particular study. It doesn't substantiate your absurd claim that I
"haven't bothered to actually read *any* of the in-depth Tourism
marketing studies that have been done. [Emphasis mine]

But then, logic wouldn't seem to be your strong suit, based on this,
or any of the other libelous and ignorant drivel you've written.

You really are rather pitiful. We've watched you take your experience
as a minor flunky in a company dedicated to Private Government
contracts and delude yourself into thinking that you know something of
a commercial business.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Apparently, you don't
either.

You now seem to be developing full blown
delusions that you have actually done in-depth studies on Space
Tourism.

I never said that I have done in-depth studies on Space Tourism. I
said that I have participated in them, and contributed to them, a fact
that remains true. But lie on, anonymous coward.
Old December 7th 05, 04:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

"snidely" wrote in news:1133899191.074023.10730
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Scott Lowther wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:
Nixon.

You mean the one who conceded an election he knew was stolen, because he
knew that a big fight would be trouble for the republic?

I think he means the one that left office while at risk of impeachment
because a big fight would hurt his future income.

Same man.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.