Explanation for unusual sighting

Old August 10th 04, 03:00 AM
Mad Scientist

Tom McDonald the queerboy talking monkey related to Darwin wrote:

Mad Scientist wrote:

Wally Dumbasssea wrote:

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
t.cable.rogers.com...

Remember anything that moves in the heavens is either a manmade
satellite or mistaken flock of birds or even bad eyesight mistaking
Venus for a UFO

What do you know, you *can* learn. Only 5 minutes ago I told you that
flocks of birds and Venus get mistaken for UFO's and here you are
remembering what I told you. Rememeber how I taught you to use the word
blowhard, too?

I am not into queerboy sex like you and your imbecile queerboy friends.

MS,

Really? I must say I'm disappointed. You sound like a real tight
ass. We could have made such special man-love.

Ah, well. It's a disappointment I'll recover from, in time.

Don't cry queerboy, not everyone is into screwing the ******** like you
queerboys.

:-)

Tom McDonald

according to dumbass astronomers.

Aww, poor kook. Hates his reality bubble being pricked by his betters.

Old August 10th 04, 08:46 PM
Saul Levy

What UFOs? I've been looking at the sky since I was 8 and haven't
seen any. Most astronomers have never seen one. They sure wouldn't
mistake Venus or an Iridium flare for a UFO like all the nut jobs
have. Let's face the fact that their aren't any aliens near Earth
sent here to observe us or, horrors!, save us from ourselves!

Saul Levy

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 23:06:56 GMT, Mad Scientist
wrote:

steve sawyer wrote:

Last night (Aug 8) at about 11:30 PST I saw a very unusual thing appearing
to be either crusing by or coming out of an area of space close to the
constellation of Casseopia.

It had the flight characteristics of an orbiting spacecraft except it became
exceptionally bright, something similar to a aircraft's landing lights as
seen from approximately half a mile. This lasted for approximately 5 seconds
after which the light diminished in its intensity. Then the object once
again took on the appearance of a conventional satellite and was visible for
about another 5 seconds before disappearing from view.
The intensity of the light was much much more then the typical shimmering
you see when observing spinning satellites as they reflect sunlight.
Did anybody witness this, or can anybody offer any possible explanations?

Steve

Don't bother asking astronomers for help in understanding UFO's. They
haven't a clue. They always answer that UFO's are either satellites,
meteors, or mistaken airplanes. They *never* say that UFO's exist.

Old August 10th 04, 09:04 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...
snip
Don't bother asking astronomers for help in understanding UFO's. They
haven't a clue. They always answer that UFO's are either satellites,
meteors, or mistaken airplanes. They *never* say that UFO's exist.

snip

The above may be true, but based on the OP's description, an Iridium Flare
is a very likely answer, as the OP's description accurately describes such a
flare. It is however possible that the OP saw the Higher Intelligence flying
overhead looking to drop off my aluminum foil with which you can wrap your
head.

BV.

Old August 11th 04, 12:42 AM
Tom Randy

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:22:37 +0000, Mad Scientist wrote:

Remember anything that moves in the heavens is either a manmade
satellite or mistaken flock of birds or even bad eyesight mistaking
Venus for a UFO according to dumbass astronomers.

The astronomers are correct actually. Of coarse the "alien visitors" crowd
can offer absolutely no proof what so ever that we are being visited. Not
one tangible piece of evidence.

Frustrates the hell out of them. Sends them into a tizzy, it's quite
entertaining.

Old August 11th 04, 12:58 AM
Mad Scientist

Tom Randy wrote:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:22:37 +0000, Mad Scientist wrote:

Remember anything that moves in the heavens is either a manmade
satellite or mistaken flock of birds or even bad eyesight mistaking
Venus for a UFO according to dumbass astronomers.

The astronomers are correct actually. Of coarse the "alien visitors" crowd
can offer absolutely no proof what so ever that we are being visited. Not
one tangible piece of evidence.

You just proved how little research you actually do on the topic of
UFO's. plonk

Frustrates the hell out of them. Sends them into a tizzy, it's quite
entertaining.

Hardly. You only succeeded in demonstrating how stupid you actually are.

Old August 11th 04, 01:02 AM
Mad Scientist

Saul Levy wrote:

What UFOs? I've been looking at the sky since I was 8 and haven't
seen any. Most astronomers have never seen one. They sure wouldn't
mistake Venus or an Iridium flare for a UFO like all the nut jobs
have. Let's face the fact that their aren't any aliens near Earth
sent here to observe us or, horrors!, save us from ourselves!

I am not sure who is the biggest loser on this newsgroup, you or......

Old August 11th 04, 01:27 AM
Wally Anglesea

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...

Tom Randy wrote:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:22:37 +0000, Mad Scientist wrote:

Remember anything that moves in the heavens is either a manmade
satellite or mistaken flock of birds or even bad eyesight mistaking
Venus for a UFO according to dumbass astronomers.

The astronomers are correct actually. Of coarse the "alien visitors"

crowd
can offer absolutely no proof what so ever that we are being visited.

Not
one tangible piece of evidence.

You just proved how little research you actually do on the topic of
UFO's. plonk

Truth hurts your ears, doesn't it, kook?

Old August 11th 04, 08:01 PM
Saul Levy

Ah, Mad, we KNOW who's the biggest loser here.

Saul Levy