Lunar Photo of the Day ... now running!

Old December 31st 03, 07:07 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Default Lunar Photo of the Day ... now running!

Dear Friends,

First and foremost I would like to wish everyone all the best
for a safe New Year's celebration and a new year filled with health and
prosperity ... oh yeah, clear skies and lots of great astrophotos too!

I would like to draw your attention to something similar to
NASA's APOD (Astrophoto of the Day), namely LPOD (Lunar Photo of the
Day), which is now up and running at http://www.lpod.org and is geared
to those who have a special affection for the first celestial body
conquered by humanity. Each day will feature a new photo surrounding our
beloved moon and will include a wide variety of topics and issues
related to our only natural satellite.

Just to make things interesting, he/she first able to correctly
identify the names at the bottom of the home page will win an AP155 mm
air-spaced triplet refractor and matching AP1200 GOTO mount (latest
production run for both items) donated by the infamous and well-known
refractor enthusiast Shawn Grant (personal delivery by Shawn included
anywhere in the world including central Baghdad).

Best wishes and happy surfing.

Anthony.

PS. Remember to submit your favorite image(s) for consideration as
possible LPOD's!

Old January 1st 04, 04:10 AM
Bill Meyers

Hello, Anthony,
Thanks for the tip about this url. It seems a good way to learn to
be an accomplished lunar observer. I have bookmarked it and made a
shortcut, so I will be consulting it often.
A happy and prosperous New Year to you,
Bill Meyers

Old January 1st 04, 09:24 AM
Mike Simmons

Nice work, Anthony! That's a keeper -- into the bookmarks.

I was going to try to win that AP unti I read that Shawn would come to
my house to deliver it.

Best wishes for a great new year.

Mike Simmons

Old January 1st 04, 10:49 AM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Chuck,

Thanks for the kind words. Please feel free to make suggestions
as to how to make improvements and anything else you feel may be of
interest. Of course, submissions are also welcome and encouraged!

Best wishes for 2004 to you as well!

Anthony.

Old January 1st 04, 10:49 AM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

[...]

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Astronomy Misc 15 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM