RIP Pat Flannery?

Old October 15th 11, 03:57 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Matt Wiser

Default RIP Pat Flannery?

On Oct 13, 7:01*am, David Spain wrote:
David Spain wrote:
Alan Erskine wrote:
Is it the right town?

To the best of my knowledge it is.
I will post more details as I get them.

Dave

There have been no funeral arrangements made as yet, the
body has been cremated.

His parents are not surviving. There is a surviving brother,
I have requested my contact information be forwarded to him.

Dave

Deepest sympathies, RIP and LOS, Pat. We'll see you on the other side.
Old October 17th 11, 05:04 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

David Spain wrote:
Alan Erskine wrote:
Is it the right town?

To the best of my knowledge it is.
I will post more details as I get them.

Dave

There have been no funeral arrangements made as yet, the
body has been cremated.

His parents are not surviving. There is a surviving brother,
I have requested my contact information be forwarded to him.

Dave

Deepest sympathies, RIP and LOS, Pat. We'll see you on the other side.

I've been trying to put something into words to describe my feelings of the
loss of Pat.

It's sad and unfortunate. He did bring a unique outlook on life that I
don't think will ever be matched.

I hope his family someday can see all these and realize the impact he had on
many of us.

But I think David's got it right.

LOS

And Pat I hope there are plenty of Venusian Fire-Woman on the other side.

--
Greg D. Moore President Green Mountain Software
http://www.greenms.com

Old October 18th 11, 01:31 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Bill Higgins

On Oct 17, 11:04*am, "Greg \(Strider\) Moore"
wrote:

I've been trying to put something into words to describe my feelings of the
loss of Pat.

Me, too.

It was always good to see his name pop up in the thread. You knew you
were about to read something smart, or something funny, or, often,
both.

He was quick to share his enormous knowledge of aerospace history.
Often he would supply a piece of a puzzle.

I liked best his soaring flights of hilarious imagination.

Pat was astonishingly prolific. According to Google:

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?
enc_user=U79K5xIAAABD3RQyJRPhEUyHHO8PP2Ps8rhlH0Pnl 47z4AZhN98BFg

Between 2000 and 2011, he wrote 51855 postings from one identity. I'm
sure we could find many more if we dug into Google's database.
Millions of words.

I only knew him online, but after reading so many messages, I felt I
knew him fairly well. Now and then, we'd exchange e-mail about
obscure flying machines. I certainly would have enjoyed meeting him
in person. If that was not to be, I am very glad to have encountered
his writings.

My sympathy to Pat's family and friends.

Wherever he has gone, there must be laughter now.

--
Bill Higgins
Fermilab

RIP Pat Flannery? [email protected] History 90 January 17th 12 09:18 AM
RIP Pat Flannery? Dr.Colon Oscopy Policy 0 October 15th 11 02:10 AM
RIP Pat Flannery? Alan Erskine[_3_] Policy 2 October 15th 11 12:12 AM
RIP Pat Flannery? David Spain Policy 0 October 13th 11 05:07 PM
RIP Pat Flannery? David Spain Policy 0 October 13th 11 05:02 PM