Speed of light relative to what?

Old October 4th 10, 11:34 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Androcles[_33_]

Default Speed of light relative to what?

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 06:43:08 +0100, "Androcles"

| wrote:
|

| "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| news | | On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 23:32:18 +0100, "Androcles"
|
| | | What about local rotation. the whole galaxy is somewhat like a
| turbulent
| | gas,
| | | in which swirls and eddies exist.
| | | A planet's orbit orientation should remain fixed no matter how the
sun
| | moves
| | | around the galaxy....like a gyroscope...
| | |
| | Gyroscopes are notorious for precessing.
| | Thank Mother Luna you don't have six months of winter in Oz or the
| | Earth would spin like Uranus (tilt ~90 degrees) or backwards like
Venus
| | (tilt ~180 degrees) and evolution would never have happened.
| | http://www.astronomynotes.com/tables/tablesb.htm
| | Only tiny Mercury has no tilt.
| | You really don't know much science, do you?
| |
| | I wasn't talking about the Earth's or Mercury's tilts.
|
| Shouldn't be talking about a gyroscope then, should you?
|

| | I was suggesting that even if the sun is rotating around the galaxy,
| Mercury's
| | ORBIT AXES would stay pointing in the same direction.
| |
| | Get it now?
|

| Load of old ********, there is no general solution to the three body
| problem.
|
| Forget the bloody three body problem
|
| If the sun is in a large orbit and mercury is orbiting the sun in a small
| orbit, why the **** should its makor axis change direction as the sun
moves?

| IT ****ING WONT.

It ****ing will, it already is. That's call precession, YOU STUPID OLD
SHEEPSHAGGER!
The plane of the orbits of the planets are all different too, and
the Moon's orbit is tilted 5 degrees. Every comet that approaches
the inner planets will disturb them too. Everything affects everything else.

Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?

| That doesn't mean nobody found one yet, several particular
| solutions are known about; it means that no general solution CAN exist,
| three body systems are chaotic.
| http://www.exploratorium.edu/complexity/java/lorenz.html
| I suppose one should say that chaotic behaviour IS the solution.
|
| http://www.solcomhouse.com/images/solar_system.jpg
| You are talking out of your arse as usual.
|
| I knew it was futile discussing anything serious with you.
|
| | By the way, did you see my curve match of C 38 that Jerry asked about?
| |
| | www.scisite.info/pooroldjerry1.jpg
|
| Yes, I saw it. That's quite good.
|
| It's a simple match.
| The speeds are what one would expect.
| I await old Crank's response.

That faggot is just a stupid troll who has never heard of Ockham's Razor.
He can only believe what Einstein tells him to believe.
I'm not too sure about you, either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

"When competing hypotheses are equal in other respects, the principle
recommends selection of the hypothesis that introduces the fewest
assumptions and postulates the fewest entities while still sufficiently
answering the question."

We throw away Einstein's 2nd and 3rd assumptions and still answer the
question.

| | I think the 'harmonic' show that the star is orbiting a neutron star
|
| Bull****, it has more than one planet, that's all. When will you ever
| realise that cepheids orbit a barycentre and only have very small
| movement? No exotic WCH's needed.
|
| Wht are the ****ing chances of a second planet having EXACTLY half the
orbit
| period of the first one? Bugger all...... but I wouldn't expect any better
from
| a pommie engineer.

Actually, the ****ing chances are called "tidal lock". The principle of
gravitational force doesn't just apply to spin, it applies to orbits too.
Look up Bode's Law. Look up Lagrange. Look up Trojans.
But I wouldn't expect an ozzie sheepshagger to know bugger-all about
anything except how to bugger a Jeery sheep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titius%E2%80%93Bode_law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_(astronomy)

| | or similar
| | and is eggshaped. If it is tidal lock, the harmonic is exactly in phase
| with
| | the fundamental. However, if it wobbles backwards and forwards like our
| moon,
| | only very slowly, the phase of the harmonic could be very different
from
| the
| | fundamental for many years. That kind of phenomenon is common.
|
| Yes, Wilson, multiple planets are common. Our own solar system has a few.
| Here is the movement of our sun, with dates, changed by Jupiter, Saturn,
| Uranus, and Neptune.
| http://www.schulphysik.de/klima/landscheidt/Fig8e.jpg
| And yes, you are right about the harmonic and tidal locking, but not
| right about any "neutron star". Why you have to go overboard only you
| know, you'll be inventing neutron planets next. Just calm down.
|
| Do you know what a harmonic is? It has a frequency that is a simple
multiple
| of the fundamental. It is possible that some short period 'cepheids' are
| genuine pulsating huff-puff stars, with a pronounced harmonic, but an egg
| shaped star in tidal lock would also exhibit a brightness variation having
| double the frequency of the orbit.

Do you know what an engineer is? He is a physicist and mathematician
that was drawing Lissajous figures on an oscilloscope when you were trying
to start a VW camper van with a 6 volt battery.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lissajous_curve
I was playing with harmonics while you were scratching your arse wondering
how many genuine huff-puff stars can dance on the head of a pin like angels.
You won't get a shorter period cepheid than a pulsar.

As Tom Potter would say ... my friend Henry makes a good point with
egg-shaped stars -- but an ovoid star in tidal lock has to have a well-
defined axis, AND Earth's magnetic poles are not aligned with Earth's
axis. If I were you I'd be looking for spin rather than huff-puff and the
effect of magnetism on light.
Is the Grusenick effect the result of the magnetic field? Gravity? A
combination of both? Sun spots are highly magnetic.
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/sechtml/big2.jpg

Old October 5th 10, 01:15 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Henry Wilson DSc

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:34:57 +0100, "Androcles"
wrote:

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
.. .
| On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 06:43:08 +0100, "Androcles"

| | I was suggesting that even if the sun is rotating around the galaxy,
| Mercury's
| | ORBIT AXES would stay pointing in the same direction.
| |
| | Get it now?
|

| Load of old ********, there is no general solution to the three body
| problem.
|
| Forget the bloody three body problem
|
| If the sun is in a large orbit and mercury is orbiting the sun in a small
| orbit, why the **** should its makor axis change direction as the sun
moves?

| IT ****ING WONT.

It ****ing will, it already is. That's call precession, YOU STUPID OLD
SHEEPSHAGGER!
The plane of the orbits of the planets are all different too, and
the Moon's orbit is tilted 5 degrees. Every comet that approaches
the inner planets will disturb them too. Everything affects everything else.

I'm considering what would happen if no other planets or comets were present.

If the sun moves around the galaxy in a circular orbit, I say Mercury's major
axis would stay pointing exactly the same direction.

Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?

Let 'EVERYTHING' = ZERO

| I knew it was futile discussing anything serious with you.
|
| | By the way, did you see my curve match of C 38 that Jerry asked about?
| |
| | www.scisite.info/pooroldjerry1.jpg
|
| Yes, I saw it. That's quite good.
|
| It's a simple match.
| The speeds are what one would expect.
| I await old Crank's response.

That faggot is just a stupid troll who has never heard of Ockham's Razor.
He can only believe what Einstein tells him to believe.
I'm not too sure about you, either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

"When competing hypotheses are equal in other respects, the principle
recommends selection of the hypothesis that introduces the fewest
assumptions and postulates the fewest entities while still sufficiently
answering the question."

We throw away Einstein's 2nd and 3rd assumptions and still answer the
question.

Einstein simply plagiarized what Lorentz concluded after after applying his
imaginary LTs.

| Wht are the ****ing chances of a second planet having EXACTLY half the
orbit
| period of the first one? Bugger all...... but I wouldn't expect any better
from
| a pommie engineer.

Actually, the ****ing chances are called "tidal lock". The principle of
gravitational force doesn't just apply to spin, it applies to orbits too.
Look up Bode's Law. Look up Lagrange. Look up Trojans.
But I wouldn't expect an ozzie sheepshagger to know bugger-all about
anything except how to bugger a Jeery sheep.

I repeat...
What are the ****ing chances of a second planet having EXACTLY half the
orbit period of the first one? Bugger all!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titius%E2%80%93Bode_law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_(astronomy)

| | or similar
| | and is eggshaped. If it is tidal lock, the harmonic is exactly in phase
| with
| | the fundamental. However, if it wobbles backwards and forwards like our
| moon,
| | only very slowly, the phase of the harmonic could be very different
from
| the
| | fundamental for many years. That kind of phenomenon is common.
|
| Yes, Wilson, multiple planets are common. Our own solar system has a few.
| Here is the movement of our sun, with dates, changed by Jupiter, Saturn,
| Uranus, and Neptune.
| http://www.schulphysik.de/klima/landscheidt/Fig8e.jpg
| And yes, you are right about the harmonic and tidal locking, but not
| right about any "neutron star". Why you have to go overboard only you
| know, you'll be inventing neutron planets next. Just calm down.
|
| Do you know what a harmonic is? It has a frequency that is a simple
multiple
| of the fundamental. It is possible that some short period 'cepheids' are
| genuine pulsating huff-puff stars, with a pronounced harmonic, but an egg
| shaped star in tidal lock would also exhibit a brightness variation having
| double the frequency of the orbit.

Do you know what an engineer is? He is a physicist and mathematician
that was drawing Lissajous figures on an oscilloscope when you were trying
to start a VW camper van with a 6 volt battery.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lissajous_curve
I was playing with harmonics while you were scratching your arse wondering
how many genuine huff-puff stars can dance on the head of a pin like angels.
You won't get a shorter period cepheid than a pulsar.

(:
A pulsar is nothing like a cepheid, you ****ed old pommie...

As Tom Potter would say ... my friend Henry makes a good point with
egg-shaped stars -- but an ovoid star in tidal lock has to have a well-
defined axis, AND Earth's magnetic poles are not aligned with Earth's
axis. If I were you I'd be looking for spin rather than huff-puff and the
effect of magnetism on light.
Is the Grusenick effect the result of the magnetic field? Gravity? A
combination of both? Sun spots are highly magnetic.
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/sechtml/big2.jpg

You've possibly added the missing link. The egg's axis is not pointing toward
the orbiting object becasue of hte interaction of the magnetic fields. hence
the phase difference between the fundamental and harmonic...which is commonly
observed.

I will acknowlegde your contribution when I receive my Nobel..

Henry Wilson...

........Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.
Old October 5th 10, 06:30 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Androcles[_33_]

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:34:57 +0100, "Androcles"

| wrote:
|

| "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| | On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 06:43:08 +0100, "Androcles"

| |
| | | I was suggesting that even if the sun is rotating around the galaxy,
| | Mercury's
| | | ORBIT AXES would stay pointing in the same direction.
| | |
| | | Get it now?
| |
| |
| | Load of old ********, there is no general solution to the three body
| | problem.
| |
| | Forget the bloody three body problem
| |
| | If the sun is in a large orbit and mercury is orbiting the sun in a
small
| | orbit, why the **** should its makor axis change direction as the sun
| moves?
| |
| | IT ****ING WONT.
|
| It ****ing will, it already is. That's call precession, YOU STUPID OLD
| SHEEPSHAGGER!
| The plane of the orbits of the planets are all different too, and
| the Moon's orbit is tilted 5 degrees. Every comet that approaches
| the inner planets will disturb them too. Everything affects everything
else.

| I'm considering what would happen if no other planets or comets were
present.

Oh, really... well, *I* am not ****ing clairvoyant, YOU STUPID OLD
SHEEPSHAGGER, nor am *I* telepathic, Mr Mind Reading ****, and if
no other planets or comets are present it wouldn't matter anyway, YOU
STUPID OLD OZZIE SHEEPSHAGGER.

The answer to "If the sun is in a large orbit and merjury is orbiting the
sun in
a small orbit, why the fujj should its makor axis jhange direjtion as the
sun
moves?" remains as it was: IT FUJJING WILL, YOU STUPID OLD OZZIE
SHEEPSHAGGER.

| If the sun moves around the galaxy in a circular orbit, I say Mercury's
major
| axis would stay pointing exactly the same direction.

I say you are a clueless ****, there is no general solution to the three
body
problem and with Galaxy 1, Sun 2, Mercury 3, Mercury's major axis would
change direction, we have three bodies.

| Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
| Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
| Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
| Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
| Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
| Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
| Everything affects everything else.GET IT NOW?
|
| Let 'EVERYTHING' = ZERO

Then you have no galaxy for the sun to orbit.
There is no general solution to the three body problem and with
Galaxy 1, Sun 2, Mercury 3, Mercury's major axis would change
direction, we have three bodies. Everything affects everything else.
GET IT NOW?

> [...]

There is no general solution to the three body problem and with
Galaxy 1, Sun 2, Mercury 3, Mercury's major axis would change
direction, we have three bodies. Everything affects everything else.
GET IT NOW?

There is no general solution to the three body problem and with
Galaxy 1, Sun 2, Mercury 3, Mercury's major axis would change
direction, we have three bodies. Everything affects everything else.
GET IT NOW?

There is no general solution to the three body problem and with
Galaxy 1, Sun 2, Mercury 3, Mercury's major axis would change
direction, we have three bodies. Everything affects everything else.
GET IT NOW?

| | I knew it was futile discussing anything serious with you.
| |
| | | By the way, did you see my curve match of C 38 that Jerry asked
| |
| | It's a simple match.
| | The speeds are what one would expect.
| | I await old Crank's response.
|
| That faggot is just a stupid troll who has never heard of Ockham's Razor.
| He can only believe what Einstein tells him to believe.
| I'm not too sure about you, either.
|
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
|
| "When competing hypotheses are equal in other respects, the principle
| recommends selection of the hypothesis that introduces the fewest
| assumptions and postulates the fewest entities while still sufficiently
| answering the question."
|
| We throw away Einstein's 2nd and 3rd assumptions and still answer the
| question.
|
| Einstein simply plagiarized what Lorentz concluded after after applying
his
| imaginary LTs.

Einstein plagiarised Michelson.

> [...]

are
| | genuine pulsating huff-puff stars, with a pronounced harmonic, but an
egg
| | shaped star in tidal lock would also exhibit a brightness variation
having
| | double the frequency of the orbit.
| |

| Do you know what an engineer is? He is a physicist and mathematician
| that was drawing Lissajous figures on an oscilloscope when you were
trying
| to start a VW camper van with a 6 volt battery.
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lissajous_curve
| I was playing with harmonics while you were scratching your arse
wondering
| how many genuine huff-puff stars can dance on the head of a pin like
angels.
| You won't get a shorter period cepheid than a pulsar.

A VW camper van is nothing like a four wheeled vehicle used for
transporting people, you drunken old ozzie...
You won't get a 6 volt battery on a skateboard, you ****ed old fart.

| As Tom Potter would say ... my friend Henry makes a good point with
| egg-shaped stars -- but an ovoid star in tidal lock has to have a well-
| defined axis, AND Earth's magnetic poles are not aligned with Earth's
| axis. If I were you I'd be looking for spin rather than huff-puff and the
| effect of magnetism on light.
| Is the Grusenick effect the result of the magnetic field? Gravity? A
| combination of both? Sun spots are highly magnetic.
| http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/sechtml/big2.jpg
|
| You've possibly added the missing link. The egg's axis is not pointing
toward
| the orbiting object becasue of hte interaction of the magnetic fields.
hence
| the phase difference between the fundamental and harmonic...which is
commonly
| observed.
|
| I will acknowlegde your contribution when I receive my Nobel..

Get that jealous creep Jeery to nominate you, but look up Bode's law
first. Better yet, model this:
http://faculty.ifmo.ru/butikov/Projects/Collection1.html EXAMPLE 5.
Do you know what a harmonic is? It has a frequency that is a simple
multiple (in this case 4) of the fundamental.
Note that the lobes of the satellite are on the opposite side to the Moon.

Old October 5th 10, 10:52 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Henry Wilson DSc

I repeat bull****...

> [...]

better
| from
| | a pommie engineer.
|
| Actually, the ****ing chances are called "tidal lock". The principle of
| gravitational force doesn't just apply to spin, it applies to orbits too.
| Look up Bode's Law. Look up Lagrange. Look up Trojans.
| But I wouldn't expect an ozzie sheepshagger to know bugger-all about
| anything except how to bugger a Jeery sheep.

I repeat bull****...

I repeat bull****...

I repeat bull****...

Actually, the ****ing chances are called "tidal lock". The principle of
gravitational force doesn't just apply to spin, it applies to orbits too.
Look up Bode's Law. Look up Lagrange. Look up Trojans.
But I wouldn't expect an ozzie sheepshagger to know bugger-all about
anything except how to bugger a Jeery sheep.

"Bode's law was discussed as an example of fallacious reasoning by the
astronomer and logician Charles Sanders Peirce in 1898.[3]"

I repeat...

Actually, the ****ing chances are called "tidal lock". The principle of
gravitational force doesn't just apply to spin, it applies to orbits too.
Look up Bode's Law. Look up Lagrange. Look up Trojans.
But I wouldn't expect an ozzie sheepshagger to know bugger-all about
anything except how to bugger a Jeery sheep.

I see you have finally found your right vocation....astrology....

Get that jealous creep Jeery to nominate you, but look up Bode's law
first. Better yet, model this:
http://faculty.ifmo.ru/butikov/Projects/Collection1.html EXAMPLE 5.
Do you know what a harmonic is? It has a frequency that is a simple
multiple (in this case 4) of the fundamental.
Note that the lobes of the satellite are on the opposite side to the Moon.

the periods are in exact multiples simple because that is the way the program
was written. That is very unlikely to happen in a real situation.

Old October 5th 10, 11:15 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Androcles[_33_]

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 06:30:03 +0100, "Androcles"

| wrote:
|

| "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| | On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:34:57 +0100, "Androcles"
|
| | | IT ****ING WONT.
| |
| | It ****ing will, it already is. That's call precession, YOU STUPID OLD
| | SHEEPSHAGGER!
| | The plane of the orbits of the planets are all different too, and
| | the Moon's orbit is tilted 5 degrees. Every comet that approaches
| | the inner planets will disturb them too. Everything affects everything
| else.
| |
| | I'm considering what would happen if no other planets or comets were
| present.
|
| Oh, really... well, *I* am not ****ing clairvoyant, YOU STUPID OLD
| SHEEPSHAGGER, nor am *I* telepathic, Mr Mind Reading ****, and if
| no other planets or comets are present it wouldn't matter anyway, YOU
| STUPID OLD OZZIE SHEEPSHAGGER.
|
| The answer to "If the sun is in a large orbit and merjury is orbiting the
| sun in
| a small orbit, why the fujj should its makor axis jhange direjtion as the
| sun
| moves?" remains as it was: IT FUJJING WILL, YOU STUPID OLD OZZIE
| SHEEPSHAGGER.
|
| I repeat bull****...

| |
> [...]
| direction, we have three bodies. Everything affects everything else.
| GET IT NOW?
|
| I repeat bull****...
|
| There is no general solution to the three body problem and with
| Galaxy 1, Sun 2, Mercury 3, Mercury's major axis would change
| direction, we have three bodies. Everything affects everything else.
| GET IT NOW?
|
| I repeat bull****...
|
| There is no general solution to the three body problem and with
| Galaxy 1, Sun 2, Mercury 3, Mercury's major axis would change
| direction, we have three bodies. Everything affects everything else.
| GET IT NOW?
|
| I repeat bull****...
|
| There is no general solution to the three body problem and with
| Galaxy 1, Sun 2, Mercury 3, Mercury's major axis would change
| direction, we have three bodies. Everything affects everything else.

| |
| | | Wht are the ****ing chances of a second planet having EXACTLY half
the
| | orbit
| | | period of the first one? Bugger all...... but I wouldn't expect any
| better
| | from
| | | a pommie engineer.
| |
| | Actually, the ****ing chances are called "tidal lock". The principle
of
| | gravitational force doesn't just apply to spin, it applies to orbits
too.
| | Look up Bode's Law. Look up Lagrange. Look up Trojans.
| | But I wouldn't expect an ozzie sheepshagger to know bugger-all about
| | anything except how to bugger a Jeery sheep.
|
| I repeat bull****...
|
| I repeat bull****...
|
| I repeat bull****...
|

| Actually, the ****ing chances are called "tidal lock". The principle of
| gravitational force doesn't just apply to spin, it applies to orbits too.
| Look up Bode's Law. Look up Lagrange. Look up Trojans.
| But I wouldn't expect an ozzie sheepshagger to know bugger-all about
| anything except how to bugger a Jeery sheep.
|
| "Bode's law was discussed as an example of fallacious reasoning by the
| astronomer and logician Charles Sanders Peirce in 1898.[3]"
|
| I repeat...
|
| Actually, the ****ing chances are called "tidal lock". The principle of
| gravitational force doesn't just apply to spin, it applies to orbits too.
| Look up Bode's Law. Look up Lagrange. Look up Trojans.
| But I wouldn't expect an ozzie sheepshagger to know bugger-all about
| anything except how to bugger a Jeery sheep.
|
| I see you have finally found your right vocation....astrology....
|
| Get that jealous creep Jeery to nominate you, but look up Bode's law
| first. Better yet, model this:
| http://faculty.ifmo.ru/butikov/Projects/Collection1.html EXAMPLE 5.
| Do you know what a harmonic is? It has a frequency that is a simple
| multiple (in this case 4) of the fundamental.
| Note that the lobes of the satellite are on the opposite side to the
Moon.

| the periods are in exact multiples simple because that is the way the
program
| was written. That is very unlikely to happen in a real situation.

Bwhahahahahahahaha!
It is very unlikely that the Moon would keep the same face to the Earth,
but it does. It must be the way your god programmed it. That is very
unlikely to happen in a real situation.
I see you have finally found your right vocation... religion.

Old October 5th 10, 11:37 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Oct 5, 3:15*pm, "Androcles" wrote:
It is very unlikely that the Moon would keep the same face to the Earth,
but it does. It must be the way your god programmed it. That is very
unlikely to happen in a real situation.
I see you have finally found your right vocation... religion.

There's always physics voodoo that's giving us the same face of Venus
on every 19 month pass or alignment.

~ BG

Old October 6th 10, 11:36 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Henry Wilson DSc

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 23:15:43 +0100, "Androcles"
wrote:

> [...]

| Get that jealous creep Jeery to nominate you, but look up Bode's law
| first. Better yet, model this:
| http://faculty.ifmo.ru/butikov/Projects/Collection1.html EXAMPLE 5.
| Do you know what a harmonic is? It has a frequency that is a simple
| multiple (in this case 4) of the fundamental.
| Note that the lobes of the satellite are on the opposite side to the
Moon.

| the periods are in exact multiples simple because that is the way the
program
| was written. That is very unlikely to happen in a real situation.

Bwhahahahahahahaha!
It is very unlikely that the Moon would keep the same face to the Earth,
but it does. It must be the way your god programmed it. That is very
unlikely to happen in a real situation.
I see you have finally found your right vocation... religion.

I still repeat bull****...

You sure do.

Tidal lock isn't unlikely at all....nor is the posibility that a star in tidal
lock around, for instance, a neutron star would be in tidal lock and eggshaped.
Nor is the further likelihood that its axis would wobble backwards and forwards
very slowly, like our moon, giving the impression of a brightness variation
with half the orbit period and a slowly varying phase difference.

Old October 7th 10, 12:15 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Androcles[_33_]

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 23:15:43 +0100, "Androcles"

| wrote:
|

| "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| | On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 06:30:03 +0100, "Androcles"
|

| | Actually, the ****ing chances are called "tidal lock". The principle
of
| | gravitational force doesn't just apply to spin, it applies to orbits
too.
| | Look up Bode's Law. Look up Lagrange. Look up Trojans.
| | But I wouldn't expect an ozzie sheepshagger to know bugger-all about
| | anything except how to bugger a Jeery sheep.
| |
| | I see you have finally found your right vocation....astrology....
| |
| | Get that jealous creep Jeery to nominate you, but look up Bode's law
| | first. Better yet, model this:
| | http://faculty.ifmo.ru/butikov/Projects/Collection1.html EXAMPLE 5.
| | Do you know what a harmonic is? It has a frequency that is a simple
| | multiple (in this case 4) of the fundamental.
| | Note that the lobes of the satellite are on the opposite side to the
| Moon.
| |
| | the periods are in exact multiples simple because that is the way the
| program
| | was written. That is very unlikely to happen in a real situation.
| |
| Bwhahahahahahahaha!
| It is very unlikely that the Moon would keep the same face to the Earth,
| but it does. It must be the way your god programmed it. That is very
| unlikely to happen in a real situation.
| I see you have finally found your right vocation... religion.
|
| I still repeat bull****...
|
| You sure do.
|
| Tidal lock isn't unlikely at all....

It is as unlikely as Bode's law, which a dumb ozzie has never heard of.
I see you have finally found your right vocation... religion.
Question for you.
Why are planetary orbits so nearly circular when cometary orbits are highly
elliptical?
The answer is of course simple. Look at Shoemaker-Levy 9. No more comet.
Look at the asteroid belt. No more planet.

Old October 7th 10, 01:22 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Androcles[_33_]

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| Nor is the further likelihood that its axis would wobble backwards and
forwards
| very slowly, like our moon,

Bwhahahahahahahahaha!
The moon doesn't wobble, you crazy old goat. Luna libration is a
combination
of elliptical orbit and constant angular rotation, AS SEEN FROM EARTH.
Sheesh, you really are almost as stupid as Kellerher.

Old October 7th 10, 09:47 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Henry Wilson DSc

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 01:22:42 +0100, "Androcles"
wrote:

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
.. .
| Nor is the further likelihood that its axis would wobble backwards and
forwards
| very slowly, like our moon,

Bwhahahahahahahahaha!
The moon doesn't wobble, you crazy old goat. Luna libration is a
combination
of elliptical orbit and constant angular rotation, AS SEEN FROM EARTH.

that's another matter.

Sheesh, you really are almost as stupid as Kellerher.

When the tidal locking process is occuring, a point is reached where the
satellite, which is not quite spherical, doesn't quite make a complete rotation
arond its own axis. It then reverses ...and subsequently rocks backwards and
forwards with decreasing amplitude. That could go on for thousands or even
millions of years depending on the amount of internal damping.

get it now?

Henry Wilson...

........SR = TEL