Russian spaceship maker fights bankruptcy

Old July 31st 07, 10:32 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

Default Russian spaceship maker fights bankruptcy

Russian spaceship maker fights bankruptcy
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

Not a lot of info in the above article...

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

Old August 1st 07, 02:50 AM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Jul 31, 2:32 pm, "Jeff Findley"
wrote:
Russian spaceship maker fights bankruptcyhttp://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/07/31/russia.space.bankruptcy.reut...

Not a lot of info in the above article...

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

China should take on 51%. If not China, then India or perhaps Japan
could pick up 51%, especially a good buy if that Russian spaceship
maker is down to 10 cents on the dollar.

Of course, we could always mutually restart that fully perpetrated
cold-war, and let those cold-war bags of our hard earned loot start
flowing in the direction of yet another WMD and space race. If not an
actual for real race to our moon or of its L1, then how about
accomplishing Venus, or at least POOF City at VL2 ???
- Brad Guth

Old August 1st 07, 03:45 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Einar

BradGuth wrote:
On Jul 31, 2:32 pm, "Jeff Findley"
wrote:
Russian spaceship maker fights bankruptcyhttp://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/07/31/russia.space.bankruptcy.reut...

Not a lot of info in the above article...

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

China should take on 51%. If not China, then India or perhaps Japan
could pick up 51%, especially a good buy if that Russian spaceship
maker is down to 10 cents on the dollar.

Of course, we could always mutually restart that fully perpetrated
cold-war, and let those cold-war bags of our hard earned loot start
flowing in the direction of yet another WMD and space race. If not an
actual for real race to our moon or of its L1, then how about
accomplishing Venus, or at least POOF City at VL2 ???
- Brad Guth

Brad, I find it extremelly unlikelly that Putin would allow a foreign
buyer of such a strategic asset. More likelly the boss of Energya
displeased him, and itīs set to be taken over by someone more pleasing
to Putin.

Cheers, Einar

Old August 1st 07, 01:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

Russian spaceship maker fights bankruptcy
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

Not a lot of info in the above article...

Another related article:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Se...e nt_999.html

From above "Earlier, Energia's shareholders voted to dismiss Nikolai
Sevastyanov from the post by a 97% majority, and voted 97.5 percent in favor
of Lopota". I'm impressed by the vocal minority. In the old days of the
Soviet Union, such wide spread dissent would not have been tolerated. ;-)

Old August 1st 07, 03:31 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Jul 31, 7:45 pm, Einar wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
On Jul 31, 2:32 pm, "Jeff Findley"
wrote:
[...]

Cheers, Einar- Hide quoted text -

I agree that Russia has little if any intentions of allowing outsiders
to rape and pillage one of their own, especially when governments as
such have always been fully capable of raping and pillaging their own
kind.

The last thing our rusemaster partner in such perpetrated cold-war
crimes against humanity is ever going to allow is the truth about how
damn risky space travel outside of our protective magnetosphere
actually is. ISS at 15 g/m2 has to avoid the SAA contour, whereas
anything associated with getting safely to/from Mars would need to be
at least ten fold better off, along with every soul having their cache
of banked bone marrow in case they actually make it back home alive.

Even them Russian fly-by-rocket landers are still as much hocus-pocus
as were those of ours. Odd how their R&D and whatever prototype proof-
testing is still so taboo/nondisclosure rated. There's not even film
of their best results that would suggest either of us ever had "the
right stuff" for getting much of anything safely onto our moon, at
least not by other than impact or possibly by way of hard landings
that would have in most locations sunk out of sight.
- Brad Guth