Latest moon attempt

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 26th 12, 05:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Ciszek

Default Latest moon attempt

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35853148@N05/8025778157

If I tell my camera that the moon is a sunlit object (which it is), that
picture comes out orangey-brown. If I use WB Auto, it's still pretty
brown. If I turn off "Keep Warm Colors", then the moon comes out nearly
colorless like we *expect* it to be, but with weird faint magenta and
cyan patches which (to me, at least) indicate that it *had* a color
which has been subtracted away. According to the folks here, the "real"
color of the moon is somewhere in between brown and colorless, so I used
the WB Auto version and futzed with "color temperature" (which is
nothing of the kind) in Lightroom 3.6 to get a compromise.

--
Please reply to: | "If more of us valued food and cheer and song
pciszek at panix dot com | above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."