Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

Old August 24th 19, 11:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

On Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 12:23:37 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, August 23, 2019 at 3:16:31 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Slightly warmer today. 76F as of 3:15 PM, but the Sun feels even warmer! Wind NW at 5 mph. Humidity 43%.

Double-A

87 Sunny and getting warmer Spraying van for flying ants.Air-conditioning in van not good.Needs charging?? bert

Flying ants are transient. A given nest will went out its flying ants on the same day every year. They will fly out to find mates and new nests. They will soon be gone. Of course if an ant couple decide to build a permanent nest in your van, that is not good!

Now 79F here as of 3:45 PM. Sun through clouds. Wind NW at 4 mph. Humidity 37%. Hot weather expected by mid week.

Double-A

Old August 25th 19, 08:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 3:41:51 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 12:23:37 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, August 23, 2019 at 3:16:31 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Slightly warmer today. 76F as of 3:15 PM, but the Sun feels even warmer! Wind NW at 5 mph. Humidity 43%.

Double-A

87 Sunny and getting warmer Spraying van for flying ants.Air-conditioning in van not good.Needs charging?? bert

Flying ants are transient. A given nest will went out its flying ants on the same day every year. They will fly out to find mates and new nests. They will soon be gone. Of course if an ant couple decide to build a permanent nest in your van, that is not good!

Now 79F here as of 3:45 PM. Sun through clouds. Wind NW at 4 mph. Humidity 37%. Hot weather expected by mid week.

Double-A

88 sunny,and being Sunday I sit by myself.Did my laundry.Some shopping,and trying to think of what to post. Thanks for the ant information.I vacuum and spray.Powder the carpet with bug killer.bert
Old August 25th 19, 09:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, August 25, 2019 at 12:49:10 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

My big black ants have learned to keep there place and stay outside. The tiny black ants don't come inside much unless they find something they lie to eat. I try not to leave such food laying around.

An ideal 72F now as of 1:30 PM here in Gresham. Sun through clouds. Wind NW at 4 mph. Humidity 44%.

You should join one of those Holy Roller churches if you want a place to go on Sundays. A lot of people join just for something to do and to meet people, not because of some fanatical belief in Gawd! And in the end, they will make sure you get a funeral!

Double-A

Old August 26th 19, 10:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Warmer today. Was a cold night in lower 50s, but now 80F as of 2:30 PM. Expected higher 80s by end of day, higher 90s tomorrow. Wind north at 8 mph. Humidity 35%.

Double-A

Old August 27th 19, 10:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

The hot, dry, fall east wind has started early again this year! Local official are once again panicking, banning all outdoor fires, except barbecues! Now sunny and 91F as of 2:00 PM here in Gresham! Day's expected high 95! Wind EAST at 16 mph! Humidity only 18%!

The beginning of fall weather always makes me feel like I should be suiting up for football, or getting my shotgun ready for pigeon hunting! The football preseason has started, by the way. I have already taken in a couple of games.

Double-A

Old August 29th 19, 11:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 2:06:06 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
The hot, dry, fall east wind has started early again this year! Local official are once again panicking, banning all outdoor fires, except barbecues! Now sunny and 91F as of 2:00 PM here in Gresham! Day's expected high 95! Wind EAST at 16 mph! Humidity only 18%!

The beginning of fall weather always makes me feel like I should be suiting up for football, or getting my shotgun ready for pigeon hunting! The football preseason has started, by the way. I have already taken in a couple of games.

Double-A

Two miserably hot days here in Gresham, the first bone dry and windy, the second calm and muggy! But now cooler, thunderstorms having moved in last night. Today 79F as of 3 PM. Partly cloudy. Wind west at 2 mph. Humidity 51%.

Tonight the Seahawks play the Raiders, and it will be viewable on free TV in this area!

Double-A

Old August 30th 19, 10:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 3:07:29 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Another nice day here in Gresham. Now 75F as of 2 PM. Partly cloudy, but dry. Wind West at 3 mph. Humidity 51%.

Oregon State kicks off their opening game tonight!

The Ducks play No. 11 Auburn tomorrow!

Double-A

Old August 31st 19, 02:52 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Sunday, August 25, 2019 at 1:46:28 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

I'm getting on a bus and going to an Indian gambling house.Its an hour away..You just tip the driver.Food is the best,and its 21 or poker.I love poker best. I'm going alone.I meet lots of people everyday but have no close friends.I miss Sandy more and more each day. In reality I find myself very boring.I'm starting to talk to myself too.I'm the only one I can hear. Here is a kicker.I came up with a great new theory this morning and can not remember what it was about.Not sure anymore if I go to Norway or Sweden for my Nobel?? Do they speak the same ? Bert
Old August 31st 19, 09:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 6:52:36 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Norwegians and Swedes speak different dialects. Some of them can understand each other. My father could speak Norwegian before he could speak English, yet he only taught me 4 words.

For 21 you need to hone your card counting skills. Poker is a good game, but it is easy to get cheated.

I have been playing Publishers Clearing House, but they are pestering me too much, and their Prize Patrol avoids my address! Playing the lottery would give be better odds of winning, and cost me less than I am spending on stamps for PCH!

Weather sunny, but partly cloudy to keep it from getting too hot. Now 80F here in Gresham as of 1:45 PM. Wind west at 5 mph. Humidity 42%.

I stopped at the Farmers' Market to get lettuce and pears.

Double-A

Old August 31st 19, 10:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 1:54:04 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

A guy called my name in Safeway yesterday. I shook his hand, trying hard to remember who he was. Turns out it was a guy I hadn't seen in over 50 hears, even though I walk past his office every day! He has become the town doctor for Gresham and the surrounding areas. He has a good reputation. He was very humble acting, and looked in very good shape and healthy for his age, almost as old as mine! He must be taking his own medical advice. It was good to see him again. Like most of the guys I went to high school with, I looked down on him then, and have to look up to him now. I don't know what stunted my growth! I was the biggest guy on the grade school football team, but haven't grown an inch since then!

Double-A