Falcon Heavy transporter-erector

Old July 5th 19, 01:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Falcon Heavy transporter-erector

In article mn.22cb7e37b9b886af.127094@snitoo,
says...
Ok, here is the best picture of the one at KSC LC-39A. In addition to
the airport tow vehicle, you can see on either side (near the base of
the launch vehicle) that there are two separate sets of train tracks
with some sort of self-powered diesel electric bogies.

https://www.teslarati.com/wp-content...Dragon-Falcon-
9-DM-1-39A-rollout-022819-NASA-Joel-Kowsky-5-c.jpg

So, whoever said "self powered" for the LC-39A transporter erector seems
to be correct based on the detailed photographic evidence. Makes sense,
considering the grade of the ramp up to the actual launch pad.

Thank you! Teslarati is a great site, and their correspondents got
great shots of the recent FH night launch. I'm not sure I had
discovered it at the time of the test flight you pointed to.

The yellow cart following the bogeys (freight train trucks) is probably
supplying air for the brakes.

The description I had found for the FH TE mentioned cable winches to
pull it up the final ramp.

Good point about the air brakes. Makes sense that you need a way to
keep it from rolling back down the hill if something failed in the winch
system.

Jeff

Another date set for Falcon 9 Heavy Rick Jones[_6_] Policy 16 April 17th 16 12:49 AM
Questions, Falcon Heavy Alain Fournier[_3_] Policy 15 April 2nd 16 08:48 AM
Could Delta IV Heavy use the same technique as Falcon Heavy Alan Erskine[_3_] Space Shuttle 1 May 20th 11 07:56 AM
Falcon Heavy David Spain Policy 8 April 12th 11 08:49 PM
Falcon Heavy Snidely Space Shuttle 2 April 12th 11 08:49 PM