Outpost, a longtime NASA tavern, damaged by fire

Old February 8th 05, 04:53 PM
Sy Liebergot

Possibly. I take it you've got stories *and* photos?
Sure do, there's an entire chapter on the Singin' Wheel in my autobio.
Please let me know if you're willing/able to help.

OM, sorrry I missed your Carpenenter query. Yes, everything I ever
heard was that Scott f**ked up royally, and Kraft was not about to
suffer less than perfection in those crucial early days. Recall the
Apollo 7 astronauts status after their contentionous flight behavior.
So, I like your characterization of having the "Wrong Stuff."
Ignorance he Wot's OM stand for?
Sy

Old February 8th 05, 06:03 PM
Henry Spencer

In article m4_Nd.14028$uc.12012@trnddc02, an wrote:
So on Abbey, what's the overall verdict?

My understanding -- not firsthand, but from fairly good sources -- is that:

(a) The allegations that he's a vindictive tyrant, who considers any hint
of disagreement to be treason, and has a management style somewhere
between Louis XIV and Joseph Stalin, are basically true.

(b) However, he is an intelligent vindictive tyrant rather than a stupid
one, and is on top of things technically; in particular, he was the one
who insisted on running the connected-modules tests that uncovered some
nasty problems in the US ISS hardware.
--
"Think outside the box -- the box isn't our friend." | Henry Spencer
-- George Herbert |
Old February 8th 05, 10:45 PM
Sam Seiber

Sy Liebergot wrote:
Ignorance he Wot's OM stand for?
Sy

Wow Sy, if you get a real answer on this one, you will
be my new hero. I don't recall ever hearing an answer
from the great OM on this one.

Sam
Old February 9th 05, 12:12 AM
OM

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:45:05 -0700, Sam Seiber
wrote:

Sy Liebergot wrote:
Ignorance he Wot's OM stand for?
Sy

Wow Sy, if you get a real answer on this one, you will
be my new hero. I don't recall ever hearing an answer
from the great OM on this one.

....Honestly, it's been posted before. A LONG time ago. All someone has
to do is to search through google and do a little research. First one
who posts it here gets a Get Out Of Killfile Hell Free card, for use
when you finally **** me off and/or contract Guth's Syndrome or
"scott's" Dementia.

(Sy, I won't leave you hanging. I'll e-mail you the answer shortly. I
just want to see who's been paying attention all these years :-))

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old February 9th 05, 01:30 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
wrote:

Sy Liebergot wrote:
Ignorance he Wot's OM stand for?
Sy

Wow Sy, if you get a real answer on this one, you will
be my new hero. I don't recall ever hearing an answer
from the great OM on this one.

...Honestly, it's been posted before. A LONG time ago. All someone has
to do is to search through google and do a little research. First one
who posts it here gets a Get Out Of Killfile Hell Free card, for use
when you finally **** me off and/or contract Guth's Syndrome or
"scott's" Dementia.

Let's just say you're not the Alpha Woman around here.

Old February 9th 05, 02:50 AM
Rhonda Lea Kirk

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:
"OM" wrote:
Sam Seiber wrote:
Sy Liebergot wrote:

Ignorance he Wot's OM stand for?

Wow Sy, if you get a real answer on this one, you
will
be my new hero. I don't recall ever hearing an
answer
from the great OM on this one.

...Honestly, it's been posted before. A LONG time
ago.
All someone has to do is to search through google
and do
a little research. First one who posts it here gets
Get Out Of Killfile Hell Free card, for use when you
finally **** me off and/or contract Guth's Syndrome
or
"scott's" Dementia.

Let's just say you're not the Alpha Woman around
here.

I can't believe he's really inviting people to look
into his checkered past. g,d &r

(Sy, I won't leave you hanging. I'll e-mail you the
answer shortly. I just want to see who's been paying
attention all these years :-))

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...68b3ab65d8cfe?

There's a later thread where Mookie goes a little off
the deep-end, but it's not as funny.

It's easier to find the answer at r.a.c.

rl

Old February 9th 05, 05:00 AM
OM

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:50:28 -0500, "Rhonda Lea Kirk"
wrote:

It's easier to find the answer at r.a.c.

....Yeah, but if you get it from r.a.comics, you get that egotistical
maladroit, Thomas Young Galloway involved, and that tends to put me on
the warpath. Tyg's inarguably a very knowledgible person when it comes
to comic book history, but the problem is that he's let it go to his
head. The result is that he comes across as someone who not only
thinks his **** does not stink, but doesn't have any qualms about
rubbing it in your face to prove it, not to mention claiming that any
detection of a foul smell from said fecal matter is, without question,
proof positive of your ignorance and incompetence. To be totally
honest, if I had $10 for every person he's run off of usenet with his
jerkwad ego tripping, I'd be able to easily buy that wall of barebones
Dell boxes to do nothing but process SETI packes *and* pay the
electricity for at least three years.

20 years ago next year, I promised to introduce his face to this
baseball bat I had at the time with a railroad spike poking out the
end, just like you see in the funny papers. Maybe one day...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old February 9th 05, 05:09 AM
Damon Hill

OM om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in :

20 years ago next year, I promised to introduce his face to this
baseball bat I had at the time with a railroad spike poking out the
end, just like you see in the funny papers. Maybe one day...

Now that's holding a grudge, with a tight grip.

That's what I keep promising myself about my sister's husband,
who sounds remarkably like the above. Fortunantly, he's on the
Florida east coast and I'm in the Pacific NorthWet. And may we
never meet again this side of Heaven...

I'm saving a 30" piece of brass bar stock for about the same
reason. clang

Batting practice, anyone?

--Damon
Old February 9th 05, 05:19 AM
Neil Gerace

"Damon Hill" wrote in message
1...

I'm saving a 30" piece of brass bar stock for about the same
reason. clang

Batting practice, anyone?

Aluminium bats are heresy enough

NASA is coming along just fine now. Cardman Policy 2 July 8th 04 07:33 PM
UFO Activities from Biblical Times (LONG TEXT) Kazmer Ujvarosy SETI 2 December 25th 03 07:33 PM
NASA Releases Near-Earth Object Search Report Ron Baalke Misc 0 September 10th 03 04:39 PM
Risks Hallerb Space Shuttle 38 July 26th 03 01:57 AM
NASA: Gases Breached Wing of Shuttle Atlantis in 2000 Rusty Barton Space Shuttle 2 July 10th 03 01:27 AM