Interferometry

Old November 5th 04, 01:39 AM
Southern Hospitality

Default Interferometry

Is interferometry a method that amature astronomers can use? If so is
there anyone that's attempted try it?
Old November 5th 04, 03:22 AM
Opera Maestro

Is interferometry a method that amature astronomers can use? If so is
there anyone that's attempted try it?

interferometry, as in, 2-poing perspective?

amature?
as, in armtature?
a wire support, used
when sculpting with clay?
a framework, or a shell, for tortoise?

_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Old November 5th 04, 10:25 AM
Southern Hospitality

Opera Maestro wrote:

Is interferometry a method that amature astronomers can use? If so is
there anyone that's attempted try it?

interferometry, as in, 2-poing perspective?

amature?
as, in armtature?
a wire support, used
when sculpting with clay?
a framework, or a shell, for tortoise?

_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Yes, as in using two telescopes and using the 2nd one to cancel out the
light of particular stars in order to detect debris that's very close to
the star.
Old November 5th 04, 10:50 AM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

Southern Hospitality wrote:

Opera Maestro wrote:

Is interferometry a method that amature astronomers can use? If so is
there anyone that's attempted try it?

interferometry, as in, 2-poing perspective?

amature?
as, in armtature?
a wire support, used
when sculpting with clay?
a framework, or a shell, for tortoise?

_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Yes, as in using two telescopes and using the 2nd one to cancel out the
light of particular stars in order to detect debris that's very close to
the star.

nightbat

Yes, it's called getting your twin scope barring's instead of
your normal one scope star bearing's. Very much like theoretical
computer programed LY traveling, the known destination vectors would be
programed in and all projected solid bodies computer trajectory barred
out to avoid collision. Normal slow travel star bearings wouldn't help
much at light year speeds but barring potential solid space bodies would
be critical to arriving relatively quickly and safely at any far distant
plotted space location. Without light year travel ship bar plotting
computers and craft outer skin deflectors even the smallest solid object
could theoretically spell disaster.

the nightbat

Old November 6th 04, 08:10 AM
Bellman

"Southern Hospitality" wrote in
message m...
Is interferometry a method that amature astronomers can use? If so is
there anyone that's attempted try it?

google: interferometry telescope = 50,800 hits

so that would be a yes and a yes

Old November 6th 04, 08:37 AM
Twittering One

I need help.
_______

Old November 8th 04, 07:36 PM
Rafael Castro

I have work for some months on interferometry applied to earth surface
analisys. In fact, is possible to analize a set of images along time /
space and measure very accurate differences. If you have a nice model to
explain the differences, you can obtaine the right numbers than match your
model.

mensaje m...