Why Conservatives Should Vote for Kerry

Old November 5th 04, 04:01 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Dick Morris" wrote:

:"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
.. .
: "Dick Morris" wrote:
: :
: :"Scott M. Kozel" wrote in message
: ...
: : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: :
: : "Dick Morris" wrote:
: :
: : :I was a conservative Republican for 30 years, until I got fed
: : :up with the lies and left the party.
: :
: : Hogwash. Or are you telling us that you suddenly changed ALL your
: : beliefs (and expecting us to believe it)?
: :
: : Dick Morris sounds like a seminar poster.
: :
: :You sound like a dittohead. Do you get all your political opinions from
: :Rush Limbaugh?
:
: Rush Limbaugh can be entertaining,
:
:Rush Limbaugh is entertaining only to people who are too stupid or ignorant
:to know when they are being lied to.

Well, no. He's entertaining whether you believe anything he says or
not, unless you're some kind of left wing fool. They're widely known
to not have a sense of humour.

: although he's hardly a place to get
: political opinions from. You, on the other hand, apparently cannot be
: entertaining while also being a place to NOT get political opinions
: from.
:
:People who reject facts or opinions because they don't come from an
:approved, politically-correct source are idiots. I don't come here to
:entertain idiots.

Or anyone else, apparently. You also don't come here to put forward
anything remotely resembling facts or truth.

: You should work on one or the other of those.
:
:Nor do I come here for advice.

So you just come here to look like an ass?

territory."
--G. Behn
Old November 5th 04, 04:05 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Dick Morris" wrote:

:
:"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
. ..
: On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:31:38 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dick
: Morris" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
: in such a way as to indicate that:
:
: He has admitted he's made mistakes. He just hasn't said what they
: were, because to do so would simply offer fodder to his political
: enemies.
:
: Not owning up to specific errors also offered fodder to his political
: enemies. At least admitting error gives the appearance of being honest.
:
: He *did* admit error. He simply declined to be specific about it.
:
:His "admission" was about as innocuous as addmiting that he had cut himself
:shaving once in the White House.

So your problem is that you want him to suicide to show he's sorry?

So, when was your last error and what can we expect in expiation?

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old November 5th 04, 04:08 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote:

:"Dick Morris" wrote:
:
: "Fred J. McCall" wrote:
:
: If you want to hunt for the 'change' in the Republican
: Party, you need to go much further back than that.
:
: Actually, I began to have doubts when I heard Ronald Reagan say on his
: weekly radio program that when "you see one redwood, you've seen them all".
: Still, I worked on the Reagan/Bush campaign back in 1984. In 1988, I worked
: on the campaign for Senator Gorton. When he turned out, shortly after the
: election, to be a lap-dog for the timber industry, and when the Republican
: Party adopted the environmental movement as their new bogeyman following the
: demise of the Soviet Union, I began to seriously question whether I could
: still support the Republican Party. When the Bush campaign, with the
: assistance of the US Supreme Court, stole the 2000 election, while loudly
: proclaiming that it was *Gore* who was trying to steal it, I'd had enough.
:
:What a bunch of phony baloney.
:
:Algore never did have a lead in Florida in 2000, and it was his lawyers
:who took the election to the courts, and once Algore went to the courts
:its ultimate destination was the U.S. Supreme Court. Algore dragged the
:country through 34 days of waiting before the outcome was settled.

And this is why I have much higher regard for John Kerry than for Al
Gore. Judging by his concession speech, Kerry was getting pressure to
take it to the courts and try to steal it like Al Gore attempted.

The winner should be decided by the voters, not by protracted legal
action.

--
You are
What you do
Old November 5th 04, 04:12 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Dick Morris" wrote:

:"Scott M. Kozel" wrote in message
: "Dick Morris" wrote:
:
: "Scott M. Kozel" wrote:
: Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Dick Morris" wrote:
:
: :I was a conservative Republican for 30 years, until I got fed
: :up with the lies and left the party.
:
: Hogwash. Or are you telling us that you suddenly changed ALL your
: beliefs (and expecting us to believe it)?
:
: Dick Morris sounds like a seminar poster.
:
: You sound like a dittohead. Do you get all your political opinions from
: Rush Limbaugh?
:
: You sounded like a liberal Democrat who made up a "whopper" that sounds
: too good to be true.
:
:I have voted for more and more Democrats over the last 15 years, but I would
:consider myself to be a moderate who leans conservative on some issues and
:the other way on others.

Everyone considers themself to be moderate. Usually the more
extremist they are, the more they insist they're 'moderate' or have
switched from the opposing position.

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
soul with evil."
Old November 5th 04, 04:16 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Dick Morris" wrote:

:"Scott M. Kozel" wrote in message
: "Dick Morris" wrote:
:
: "Fred J. McCall" wrote:
:
[...]
:Irrelevant. He would have been ahead if all legal ballots had been counted
:accurately in accordance with Florida law.

Wrong. Not only was the recount Gore tried to force through the
courts against Florida law, but when all those votes were counted
after the fact, guess what? Gore still lost.

:Bush's lawyers were determined
:that that never happen, and they succeeded.

What alternate universe do you live in, anyway?

: and it was his lawyers
: who took the election to the courts,
:
:Al Gore had every right to ask for recounts under Florida law. The only
:times they went to court were to protect that right.

No, the only time they went to court was to insist that Florida law be
violated.

:Bush's lawyers, on the
ther hand, went to court time after time to stop the recounts.

Because the deadline for such was clearly specified in Florida law.

: and once Algore went to the courts
: its ultimate destination was the U.S. Supreme Court.
:
:It was Bush's lawyers who appealed to the US Supreme Court (twice), because
:they were determined to stop any and all manual recounts at all costs.

Because Al Gore went to the Florida Supreme Court, which returned a
decision that was at odds with Florida law.

: Algore dragged the
: country through 34 days of waiting before the outcome was settled.
:
:Takes two to tango. It took so long because Bush's lawyers did everything
:they could to stop the recounts.

You must have access to some REALLY good drugs to be this out of touch
with reality.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old November 5th 04, 04:17 AM
Rand Simberg

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:38:49 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dick
Morris" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

Algore never did have a lead in Florida in 2000,

Irrelevant. He would have been ahead if all legal ballots had been counted
accurately in accordance with Florida law.

You can continue to live in that fantasyland if you want to, but it
was disproven by many papers who paid to do the count, and it's
getting pretty old here.
Old November 5th 04, 07:02 AM
Rand Simberg

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 06:41:29 -0600, in a place far, far away, "Jon S.
Berndt" jsb.at.hal-pc-dot.org made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

"Eric Chomko" wrote in message

Stop! What day were we attacked? Who was president?

If JFK can take sole resonsibility for the Bay of Pigs debacle, then
George W. Bush can take responsibility for 9/11. No, he's not to blame.
No. he didn't cause it. But, he was president at the time of 9/11.

But THAT isn't the real point! The real point is that George W. Bush never
claimed responsibiliy for 9/11 after the 9/11 Commission submitted its
report...in ANY fashion.

THAT is a leader!?!

1) Chomko, you don't make any sense. Your arguments are increasingly asinine

"Increasingly"?

You must be new to the newsgroup...

This is par for the Chomko course.
Old November 5th 04, 07:22 AM
Rand Simberg

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:12:21 GMT, in a place far, far away, Fred J.
McCall made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

: You sounded like a liberal Democrat who made up a "whopper" that sounds
: too good to be true.
:
:I have voted for more and more Democrats over the last 15 years, but I would
:consider myself to be a moderate who leans conservative on some issues and
:the other way on others.

Everyone considers themself to be moderate.

I don't. I don't appy any particular labels to myself. On some
issues, I'm conservative, in the sense that I think the status quo is
fine, and shouldn't change. On some, I'm a radical, and think that
major changes are needed. Labels such as "liberal" or "conservative"
or "moderate" are meaningless unless one is discussing a particular
issue.