I think this will be a very good camera for Astro

Old January 2nd 05, 11:01 PM
AP

Default I think this will be a very good camera for Astro

Your opinion please ;-)

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/olympuse300/page2.asp

Old January 2nd 05, 11:50 PM
Chris L Peterson

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:01:14 -0500, "AP" wrote:

Your opinion please ;-)

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/olympuse300/page2.asp

Looks fairly promising as a general use DSLR (except for the sensor aspect
ratio). Hard to say about astronomical imaging, though. That will depend on the
noise characteristics of the camera, which are not available at DP Review. I do
think they are squeezing too many pixels into too small an area, though. The
5.3u pixels don't bode well for a low noise, high dynamic range camera. But
we'll see. Does the camera have mirror lockup? I didn't see that in the review.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old January 3rd 05, 01:37 AM