ASTRO: Mars 11-09-07 in very good seeing

Old November 9th 07, 07:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J.Warren

Default ASTRO: Mars 11-09-07 in very good seeing

So far one of my better results of this apparition.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-09-07@0855.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1442
Old November 9th 07, 10:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

"J.Warren" schreef in bericht
m...
So far one of my better results of this apparition.

indeed, excellent detail!
--
Martijn
www.xs4all.nl/~martlian

Old November 9th 07, 11:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Fabio

A lot of details !!! Very beautifull image!!!

Fabio Acquarone
Website: http://www.fabioh2o.it
Email :

"J.Warren" ha scritto nel messaggio
m...
So far one of my better results of this apparition.

Old November 9th 07, 11:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J.Warren

Thanks guys. That image was captured at 30fps. I shot about 15gig worth of
avis and I believe 7.5fps gave me the best result. Its a bit sharper.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-09-07@850.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1443
Old November 10th 07, 01:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Milton Aupperle

In article , J.Warren
wrote:

Thanks guys. That image was captured at 30fps. I shot about 15gig worth of
avis and I believe 7.5fps gave me the best result. Its a bit sharper.

begin 666

Hi Joel;

Very nice images.

Probably the reason you got sharper images at 7.5 fps versus 30 is
because you use less camera gain to brighten the image up.

Gain Noise will blur fainter details.

Did the Unisys NAM 300 mb predicted turbulence map indicate seeing was
going to be great or is that still a "hit or miss" thing?

Thanks in advance..

Milton Aupperle
http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImages/AstroIndex.html
Old November 10th 07, 04:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J.Warren

Thanks guys. Milton, based on the few times I've imaged since you gave me
that link, it appears to be quite accurate and anything below "50" on the
map would make seeing average - good. Anything above 50, so far, has
yielded less than average at best. I still need a few more weeks of
observing/imaging to get a better idea of things though. It is looking like
a great tool that can save me a lot of frustration in regards to when to set
up and image and when not to.

Joel

Old November 10th 07, 04:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"J.Warren" wrote
So far one of my better results of this apparition.

Great image! You must have excellent seeing.

George N