SEDS-USA Space Policy Poll

Old April 28th 04, 04:01 AM
Kirk Kittell

Default SEDS-USA Space Policy Poll

Hello there. Students for the Exploration and Development of Space
(SEDS-USA) is conducting a survey to see what students think of recent
developments in US space policy. If you could assist us by taking a
few minutes to complete the poll, we would appreciate the help. We've
had over four hundred responses so far, and we will be releasing the
results in just a week or two.

http://www.seds.org/pollstart.html

Thanks,
Kirk Kittell

From http://www.seds.org
***
SEDS-USA wishes to aid in the attempt to obtain a broad understanding
of individual views on various aspects of the new exploration policy.
The NASA vision extends several decades into the future during which
time today's students will be the ones providing the work force that
will carry this vision through to completion. Because of our wide
network of students around the country SEDS-USA can provide a broad
understanding of the student's perspective on our new space vision.
***
Old April 28th 04, 04:07 AM
Rand Simberg

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 03:01:41 GMT, in a place far, far away, Kirk
Kittell made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Hello there. Students for the Exploration and Development of Space
(SEDS-USA) is conducting a survey to see what students think of recent
developments in US space policy. If you could assist us by taking a
few minutes to complete the poll, we would appreciate the help. We've
had over four hundred responses so far, and we will be releasing the
results in just a week or two.

http://www.seds.org/pollstart.html

What is the value of a self selecting poll?
Old April 28th 04, 07:06 PM
Rand Simberg

On 28 Apr 2004 13:31:45 -0400, in a place far, far away, jeff findley
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

"Jorge R. Frank" writes:

h (Rand Simberg) wrote in
:

What is the value of a self selecting poll?

Self-selected results? :-)

SEDS isn't the only pro-space organization that does this.

Did someone claim otherwise?
Old April 28th 04, 11:44 PM
Derek Lyons

jeff findley wrote:

No, it's just interesting to note that there is more than one
pro-space organization that cares more about PR than surveys that
accurately reflect the opinion of the American public. The fact that
they believe they have to be dishonest when they "sell" space is
interesting to note.

Jeff; You are missing Rand's point. It's OK for organizations and
causes he supports to be dishonest, so long as they are dishonest in
service of whatever Grand Goal he is pushing this week.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.