A bit of a downer.

Old April 1st 05, 10:18 AM
Pat Flannery

Default A bit of a downer.

I've sometimes been accused by people on the newsgroup of being too
cynical about our space program and its political aims as presently
constituted...get ready to read some REAL cynicism:
http://www.spacedaily.com/news/oped-05zi.html

Pat
Old April 2nd 05, 01:31 AM
OM

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 03:18:43 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I've sometimes been accused by people on the newsgroup of being too
cynical about our space program and its political aims as presently
constituted...get ready to read some REAL cynicism:
http://www.spacedaily.com/news/oped-05zi.html

I was wondering when you were going to mention this one, Patrick.

....Note who scribbled the mess together. It's our old nemesis, Jeffrey
Bell, who is possibly the sole reason for nuking Hawaii off the map
just to make sure his form of insanity is not allowed to spread
further, whether by inbreeding or via the internet. This particular
dip**** is one of those "anti-NASA snobs" like Greg "Mathemaidiot"
Kupperberg, and the rest of the quasi-tenured freaks disguised as
college professors, who are 100% against manned space for the same
reason movie stars take up lost causes like Greenpeace - they think it
makes their **** cease to stink, and gives them a false sense of
elevated worth piled on top of an equally falsely elevated sense of
moral superiority.

....If I were an advertiser, I'd refuse to pay Spacedaily one iota of a
cent so long as they keep a constantly negative jerkwad like Bell in
print. I don't mind fair analysis - if NASA does good, praise them to
Heaven, if they **** up(*), send them straight to Hell - but every
single one of his bull**** rants is nothing but a tirade calling for
the destruction of NASA. Every. Single. ****ing. One. Just like how
CNN finally had to weed out Paul Tatara when it became apparent that
he didn't like *any* films unless they were art festival independent
crap that looked as if it were filmed using some mutated form of a
Kenner Give-A-Show Projector, Spacedaily needs to do the same with
Bell. Preferably as painfully as possible.

(*) Especially the PAO, natch.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr