Are we alone in our universe, are we alone in our galaxy? Most unlikely.

Old April 21st 11, 10:37 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,sci.astro,sci.skeptic
[email protected][_2_]

Default Are we alone in our universe, are we alone in our galaxy? Most unlikely.

On Apr 21, 5:11*pm, Chris wrote:
The Case For A Creator shows the immense improbabilities for life
on other planets - it's a micracle that life even exists on Earth:

And once again, the water is suprised that the hole in the ground is
the same shape! You guys need a new schtick.

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!
Old April 21st 11, 11:03 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,sci.astro,sci.skeptic
ken

On Apr 21, 2:37*pm, "
wrote:
On Apr 21, 5:11*pm, Chris wrote:

The Case For A Creator shows the immense improbabilities for life
on other planets - it's a micracle that life even exists on Earth:

And once again, the water is suprised that the hole in the ground is
the same shape! You guys need a new schtick.

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!

In the EXACT same shape!..Then it's a MIRACLE
Old April 21st 11, 11:04 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,sci.astro,sci.skeptic
ken

On Apr 21, 2:11*pm, Chris wrote:
The Case For A Creator shows the immense improbabilities for life
on other planets - it's a micracle that life even exists on Earth:

It's a "micracle" you made it past the 6th grade.

Learn the rules for capitalization and how to spell, FOOL!

Old April 24th 11, 01:42 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,sci.astro,sci.skeptic
wf3h

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 06:10:30 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

The chance as determined by Scientists that theres another place like
Earth (not exact, but like) is : 10x99th power

uh no. you're free to make up numbers but then you're a creationist...
Old April 24th 11, 04:43 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,sci.astro,sci.skeptic
[email protected]

wrote:
The chance as determined by Scientists that theres another place like
Earth (not exact, but like) is : 10x99th power

Oh c'mon. In our own solar system for crying out loud there are 3
"earth like" planets. The other 2 just ran into trouble some time back.

uh no. you're free to make up numbers but then you're a creationist...

The earth is likely just to be a child of its environment -- if physical
laws have anything to do with it.

It's reasonably well-know the sun is "special". It's one of the most
massive (top 10%) stars in our neighbourhood, and it's "single".

But taking that into account there are still 10-100 million stars in
just the Milky Way almost exactly like our sun in approx the same galactic
environment as out sun meaning there's around 100 light years between average
G2 stars like Sol.

Of course, there are a "couple" of other galaxies -- some very much like
the Milky Way -- out there.

--
[Full metal rebuttal:]
Not true.
Old April 24th 11, 05:00 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,sci.astro,sci.skeptic
Bob Casanova

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 20:42:33 -0400, the following appeared
in sci.skeptic, posted by wf3h :

wrote:

The chance as determined by Scientists that theres another place like
Earth (not exact, but like) is : 10x99th power

uh no. you're free to make up numbers but then you're a creationist...

Not to mention that the phrase "The chance...is 10X99th
power" is a meaningless noise.
--

Bob C.

"Evidence confirming an observation is
- McNameless
Old April 24th 11, 05:38 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,sci.astro,sci.skeptic
harry k

Sorta, he's was active over in Talk.origins for many, many years until
he was banned due to his habit of nym shifting to avoid kill files.

You won't ever get him to back up any of his idiocies though.

There is some speculation that he is a loki.

Harry K
Old April 24th 11, 05:46 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,sci.astro,sci.skeptic
Christopher A. Lee

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 09:38:18 -0700 (PDT), harry k
wrote:

Sorta, he's was active over in Talk.origins for many, many years until
he was banned due to his habit of nym shifting to avoid kill files.

You won't ever get him to back up any of his idiocies though.

There is some speculation that he is a loki.

That just makes him an even bigger jerk.

Harry K