EXTRATERRESTRIAL CONNECTION? -- Was: Man as Old as Coal

Old July 19th 03, 02:30 AM
Ed Conrad

Default EXTRATERRESTRIAL CONNECTION? -- Was: Man as Old as Coal

"Ami A. Silberman" wrote in message
to sci,space.history:

Ed Conrad wrote:

"Ami A. Silberman" wrote in message

Mr. Conrad,
As much as I respect your dogged tenacity over on the various
various newsgroups, I think that your posting is off-topic for
sci.space.history.

Ed Conrad wrote:

Ami.
I beg to differ.
My very first posting -- ever -- to sci.space.history
actually is rather appropriate since a space-related
event seems highly likely to have triggered the catstrophe
that, in its wake, left bones, teeth and soft organs (some
human) between anthracite veins, causing them to petrify
and offer the horrific testimony that man -- and a myriad
of animals -- are indeed as old as coal.

Cordially,

Ed Conrad

No, it isn't. Sci.space.history is about the history of human space
travel, the US, Soviet/Russian, Chinese, British, Japanese etc. space
programs. The space-related event you posit is astronomical in nature.
Unless of course your posited humans had a space program of their own.

No, no, no, Ami. I beg to differ.

There is the distinct possibility of a direct connection
between Man as Old as Coal and sci.space.history -- that is,
because of space travel.

You see, the different races of man quite possibly were transported
to earth from different planets by extraterrestrials (of course,
meaning that our ancestors were extraterrestrials as well).

I mean, Ami, you have to give this a thought:

The pseudos claim that man originated in Africa but this borders on
the impossible when, up until a few thousand years ago, the various
races of mankind were distinctly separate.

The redmen in North America, the Orientals in the Far East, the whites
in Europe, the blacks in Africa . . .

It is absurd to believe that man, if indeed we originated on earth,
could change colors like a chameleon. There might be minor changes
due to various factors but it's absurd to think that it could've
caused a distinct difference in skin color from red to yellow to white
to black.

Hell, you do know, Ami, that there are more than 200 billion
billion stars in the known universe.

That's a round nujmber that was calculated even before the Hubble
came along with its mind-boggling Deep Field photo and taught us that
200 billion billion may be nothing more than a drop in the bucket,
perhaps just a drop in the ocean.

http://www.edconrad.com/images/istherereally.jpg

With that many stars -- and perhaps 5-8 times as many planets
-- there must be someone out there who has been around longer
than us and, therefore, would be incredibly smarter.

Whatever your thoughts, Ami, please remember those rather eloquent
words of Thomas Alva Edison:

"We know only one-tenth of one percent about anything."

Ed Conrad
http://www.edconrad.com

Man as Old as Coal

Old July 19th 03, 12:24 PM
Ron Miller

The pseudos claim that man originated in Africa but this borders on
the impossible when, up until a few thousand years ago, the various
races of mankind were distinctly separate.

The redmen in North America, the Orientals in the Far East, the whites
in Europe, the blacks in Africa . . .

It is absurd to believe that man, if indeed we originated on earth,
could change colors like a chameleon. There might be minor changes
due to various factors but it's absurd to think that it could've
caused a distinct difference in skin color from red to yellow to white
to black.

Duh. You have your chronology entirely backward. Man evolved in Africa and,
over the course of many hundreds of thousands of years, spread first into
Europe, then Asia and North America. Most racial differences evolved to deal
with the differences in climate.

RM

Old July 20th 03, 06:09 AM
Richard C. Adams

Uhhh, I think you have order of events a bit wrong. Getting through the
Palestine desert areas was a tough go. The Y-chromosome DNA research I
saw recently has one leaving of Africa through Yemen 50,000 years ago with
that DNA showing up among the Tamils of southern India and in Australian
Bushmen. Then the second exodus takes place 40,000 years ago through
Yemen again (easy crossing) and thence going to Central Asia, somewhat
near Afghanistan. From there modern humans went west to become the
Basques and other early inhabitants of Europe and east to become the
Asians. The Chuckchi of Siberia relate well genetically to "Native
Americans". The DNA shows the minimum immigrants to North America would
have been three males and seven females.

The San people of south central Africa appear to have the oldest DNA.

Of course, that's just using genetics, science, archaeology, and all
those other pseudosciences, not belief in little green men and other
myths.

Adams
Oregon