What is the highest radio frequency used for radio astronomy?

Old August 30th 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default What is the highest radio frequency used for radio astronomy?

Radium Radio waves before inferred . 25th of an inch all the way to 100
feet Cluster M1 range is 1 and a half inches. have a nice radio picture
of it taken by antennas in New Mexico bert

Old August 30th 07, 09:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Aug 30, 8:35 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Radium Radio waves before inferred . 25th of an inch all the way to 100
feet Cluster M1 range is 1 and a half inches. have a nice radio picture
of it taken by antennas in New Mexico bert

For obtaining eye candy that's entirely outside of our physical reach,
and for the most part getting further away as we speak, the 3.438 THz
might be fine and dandy for that spendy look-see that can't possibly
benefit humanity or that of our badly failing environment.

Much above 0.1 THz is where such photons if transmitted from Earth
simply do not reflect unless the target offers a nifty array of
parabolic dishes, or of some other artificial reflective surface.
Outside of our magnetosphere, such as within our moon's L1, is where X
band of 8 ~ 12.5 GHz or possibly as great as Ka Band of 26.5 ~ 40 GHz
might become interesting and/or essential if future space travel is to
avoid those nasty bits and pieces of debris that'll otherwise clean
your clock upon encountering such, with C Band of 4 ~ 8 GHz being a
little better off for those slightly larger targets and perhaps best
of all S Band of 2 ~ 4 GHz offering a compromise that'll still yield
more than sufficient image resolution of a given planet or moon, along
with offering a darn good reflective signal to noise ratio.

However, if the potential target is the least bit intelligent worthy,
why not use a blue~violet laser cannon, UV-a, or possibly good old X-
rays or even gamma ?

Though gravity can be directly measured, of what we can't manage thus
far is the two-way frequency applications of utilizing said
gravitons. Perhaps there again, the mutual gravity nullification zone
of our moon's L1 could allow for the limited use of gravitons, and
this alternative might become better yet once we've relocated that
moon to Earth's L1.
- Brad Guth