Web sites of university

Old March 18th 10, 02:10 PM posted to sci.astro
BluStar

Default Web sites of university

I am looking for Web sites of university or college where he studied
astronomy.

Regards

Old March 18th 10, 02:39 PM posted to sci.astro
Mike Dworetsky

BluStar wrote:
I am looking for Web sites of university or college where he studied
astronomy.

Regards

Who "he"? Give a name.

--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove pants sp*mbl*ck to reply)
Old March 18th 10, 05:00 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Mike Dworetsky:

On Mar 18, 7:39*am, "Mike Dworetsky"
wrote:
BluStar wrote:
I am looking for Web sites of university or college
where he studied astronomy.

Who "he"? *Give a name.

There are a few languages that have issues with personal pronouns
(when translated into English). Turkish is terrible, Italian is
pretty bad. I suspect "he" is "BluStar", and he / she wants to study
astronomy at a good University.

David A. Smith
Old March 19th 10, 07:24 AM posted to sci.astro
Mike Dworetsky

wrote:
BluStar wrote:
I am looking for Web sites of university or college
where he studied astronomy.

Who "he"? Give a name.

There are a few languages that have issues with personal pronouns
(when translated into English). Turkish is terrible, Italian is
pretty bad. I suspect "he" is "BluStar", and he / she wants to study
astronomy at a good University.

David A. Smith

Could be...in which case the next question is, does he want anywhere in the
world, or just in Europe? At what level does he want to study?
Undergraduate? Postgraduate?

If he wants to study in an English-speaking country he will first have to
satisfy basic language requirements, and the first post is not a good sign
that he is ready to do that. Perhaps he could narrow things down a bit. He
is posting from a site in Italy. And I know many Italians who have mastered
English with high fluency, enough to teach in UK universities.

There are some universities in Italy that have astronomy departments (or
combined with physics). Trieste, Rome, and Catania come to mind.

So, BluStar, the best thing would be to start your own search on the
Internet, narrow it down to just what sort of course you want, and countries
you would be willing to go to, and get back to us.

Old March 19th 10, 08:23 AM posted to sci.astro
BluStar

Sorry for my language, I am Italian.
I am looking for Web sites of universities or colleges where is studied
astronomy and where can I find course programs, notes, etc. ..

Regards BluStar

Old March 19th 10, 09:07 AM posted to sci.astro
Mike Dworetsky

BluStar wrote:
Sorry for my language, I am Italian.
I am looking for Web sites of universities or colleges where is
studied astronomy and where can I find course programs, notes, etc. ..

Regards BluStar

OK, well that's a tall order, if you want the entire world included. But
rather than do your work for you, why don't you try looking yourself?
Coming up with a list (which will be very long) is a lot of effort for the
rest of us.

It sounds as if you want undergraduate courses, could you confirm that?

You should probably start by including astrophysics in the search terms as
well as astronomy.

The Royal Astronomical Society has a web page that will guide you to what
you want within the United Kingdom:

http://www.ras.org.uk/index.php?opti...d=99#Undergrad

more specifically

http://www.ras.org.uk/index.php?opti...iew&id=38#ucas

If you read down the latter, you will find courses in astrophysics
specifically tagged. Those are the UK universities you should look at. It
would be up to you to follow up the details on each.

There must be something similar in other countries, such as the USA: I
found this:

http://www.uscollegesearch.org/astro...-colleges.html

Again, if you want to narrow it down geographically, it would be a good idea
to do it in advance. For example, I know of some good places in Australia,
New Zealand, Hawaii, California, France, Britain, South Africa, etc. So
make some decisions.

wrote:
BluStar wrote:
[...]

Visit this sites please [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 0 September 30th 08 11:40 PM
Visit this sites please [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 September 30th 08 11:40 PM
Landing Sites Greg D. Moore \(Strider\) Space Shuttle 2 December 21st 06 12:04 PM
Sites Double-A Misc 1 July 12th 05 11:43 AM
Essential Web Sites Earl Colby Pottinger Space Science Misc 7 November 4th 03 04:54 AM