Why are we orbiting around the sun not towards it?

Old July 29th 06, 06:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Why are we orbiting around the sun not towards it?

Mark your answer is silly not the question.. Read it over and do some
thinking Bert

Old July 30th 06, 06:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Barry Schwarz

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:18:39 -0500, "Mark Earnest"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
How come we are not going towards the sun? Sun gravity is so powerful
that every nature satellite is orbiting around it (with the expection
of smaller satellites like moons). I am wondering how come planets are
not going towards the sun.

I am sure my question may sound bit silly to some people.

Good question. The reason that we are not going toward the Sun, a constant
acceleration force due to gravity, is because we are constantly accelerating
perpendicular to the Sun.

Close. The acceleration vector for an object in a uniform circular
orbit is always directed radially inward. For the elliptical orbit of
an object acted upon only by gravity, this is still a reasonable
approximation. What is perpendicular (actually tangential to the
orbit) is the resulting velocity vector.

All which implies that things in space constantly accelerate, if they would
just go fast enough.

Sorry, this one is not close.

Remove del for email
Old July 31st 06, 05:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Michele The answer to your question gave me my "Spin is in theory"
Nature use of angular motion is to equal the force of gravity. It is the
biggest part of her cosmos balancing act. Reality is angular motion gets
stronger with distance,and gravity gets weaker. I use that for my theory
as to why the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate. After the
big bang space turned outward,and I use that as the heart of my "Concave
&Convex space theory. It all fits Bert

Old August 1st 06, 02:19 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Ed Otto

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" flushed his toilet, and out
came: ...

Michele The answer to your question gave me my "Spin is in theory"
Nature use of angular motion is to equal the force of gravity. It is the
biggest part of her cosmos balancing act. Reality is angular motion gets
stronger with distance,and gravity gets weaker. I use that for my theory
as to why the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate. After the
big bang space turned outward,and I use that as the heart of my "Concave
&Convex space theory. It all fits Bert

Bert: Angular motion is NOT equal to the force of gravity. Angular motion
is velocity dependent, and gravitation is a constant.

Also, please don't talk out of your ass when someone asks a serious question
and you respond with amphigory.

Ed

-----------------
-----------------
Old August 1st 06, 02:28 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Barry Schwarz

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 00:41:52 -0400, Scott Miller

How come we are not going towards the sun? Sun gravity is so powerful
that every nature satellite is orbiting around it (with the expection
of smaller satellites like moons). I am wondering how come planets are
not going towards the sun.

I am sure my question may sound bit silly to some people.

Yep, you are right. It does sound silly. Suggest you take a physics
course and learn about conservation of angular momentum.

Conservation of angular momentum didn't prevent Shoemaker-Levy 9 from
crashing into Jupiter.

Remove del for email
Old August 1st 06, 03:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Ed Otto

"Barry Schwarz" wrote in message
news
Conservation of angular momentum didn't prevent Shoemaker-Levy 9 from
crashing into Jupiter.

No, but not having ENOUGH did.....

LOL

Ed

-----------------
-----------------
Old August 1st 06, 01:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Ed Why so nasty Light speed is a constant. Gravitation varies, Even
on earth things fall faster at the poles than at the equator. Man
weighing200 at the poles weighs199 at the equator. Bert

Old August 2nd 06, 02:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

The weight difference is NOT caused by gravity, but by the spinning
Earth, BEERTbrain!

Saul Levy

Old August 2nd 06, 12:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Saul the half of one percent increase of gravity is that the poles are
13 miles closer to the earth's center. I'm wasting my time reasoning
with a half wit. Bert