Best places to watch launch online?

Old June 30th 06, 09:16 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle

Default Best places to watch launch online?

NASA TV will no doubt be overloaded, so where are the best places to
view the launch online?

Thanks

Old June 30th 06, 10:12 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle

matt wrote:
NASA TV will no doubt be overloaded, so where are the best places to
view the launch online?

You have a good number of options for watching NASA TV.

Online:

NASA TV by Yahoo:
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/...event_id=15891

United Space Alliance :
http://www.unitedspacealliance.com/live/nasatv.htm

Home Satellite:

Channel 213 on DISH Network

Channel 376 on DirecTV

Also, check with your local cable provider to see if they are currently
carrying NASA TV. Many are now carrying it on their digital cable
systems.

Old June 30th 06, 10:29 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle

On 30 Jun 2006 14:12:41 -0700, "Craig Cocca"

Thanks very much Craig. I live in the middle of nowhere and don't have
Cable (or satellite) so a live online feed is my only option.
Old July 2nd 06, 04:43 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle

"Craig Cocca" wrote in message
oups.com...
matt wrote:
NASA TV will no doubt be overloaded, so where are the best places to
view the launch online?

You have a good number of options for watching NASA TV.

Online:

NASA TV by Yahoo:
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/...event_id=15891

United Space Alliance :
http://www.unitedspacealliance.com/live/nasatv.htm

Home Satellite:

Channel 213 on DISH Network

Channel 376 on DirecTV

Also, check with your local cable provider to see if they are currently
carrying NASA TV. Many are now carrying it on their digital cable
systems.

I wish my cable provider carried it, I'd save some serious bucks, the only
reason I have Dish is to get
NTV. With JPL only 10 miles from my house, you'd think they might have NTV??

Old July 20th 06, 06:32 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Craig Cocca

John H. wrote:

I wish my cable provider carried it, I'd save some serious bucks, the only
reason I have Dish is to get
NTV. With JPL only 10 miles from my house, you'd think they might have NTV??

You can reportedly receive NASA TV on certain Dish and DirecTV systems
that have *previously* subscribed to the service. You can Google
around for more specific information on this.

Also, if you live near JPL, you can receive a simulcast of many NASA TV
events (including shuttle mission coverage) on a handheld scanner on
448.500 MHz.