Why are we orbiting around the sun not towards it?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 29th 06, 04:15 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Why are we orbiting around the sun not towards it?

How come we are not going towards the sun? Sun gravity is so powerful
that every nature satellite is orbiting around it (with the expection
of smaller satellites like moons). I am wondering how come planets are
not going towards the sun.

I am sure my question may sound bit silly to some people.