Telescope Automation Software, Beta Test - RTGUI+S

Old August 30th 04, 12:12 AM
Robert Sheaffer

Default Telescope Automation Software, Beta Test - RTGUI+S

Beta Test software is now available that allows completely flexible
command line operation, or full scripting, for full automation of
standard Meade or Celestron goto telescopes.

RTGUI is now RTGUI+S: In addition to the Graphic User Interface, it now
has Scripting . This means that in addition to the things you could do
before, you can now use command line parameters or even actual scripts
to fully automate telescope functions. For example, you can tell RTGUI+S
to wait until 02:00, then point the telescope to each galaxy in Pegasus
of at least magnitude 14, image it, and move onto the next one. As the
documentation explains, you have enormous flexibility in programming
what it's going to do. This should be of great interest to
imagers, who might want to automate searches for asteroids, supernovae,
etc.

I invite you to contact me if you are interesting in trying out the
Beta software for RTGUI+S before its general release. Feel free to
get back to me with any questions or comments. If anyone develops any
new scripts that are useful, I will be happy to share them with others.

The regular RTGUI page is at
http://www.debunker.com/astro/rtguipage.html .
That version does not yet have the scripting functions.

--
Robert Sheaffer - User name "Roberto" at debunker-dot-com
Skeptical to the Max!