Husband Hill + the Landscape

Old May 11th 07, 02:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Husband Hill + the Landscape

Kind of lost for thoughts,so out comes my astronomy picture scrape book.
If flipped open to Mars Husband Hill A picture can give me a thousand
thoughts. The picture was taken by the rover "Spirit" as the Sun was
setting.That's nice because it kind of brings out the rocks an boulders
that sit high on the sandy surface. Boulders have rather sharp edges,and
that tells me they have not been on the ground for long.(Sands of time
have not been working on them) I'll guess and say the rocks are pieces
of a large meteorite. that hit 23,000 years ago. They need a lot more
studying. Husband Hill has been there for a long time. It has been sand
scraped smooth with a two dome tops(Mounds).. On its lower right side it
has a sand dune,with waves of sand. Looks like a shallow crater on the
foot of its left side. Great picture of a great hill. Best to keep in
mind Husband Hill on Mars has nothing to equal it in the whole state of
Florida. Sad but true Bert

Old May 11th 07, 05:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On May 11, 6:44 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
[...]

What is the average elevation in Florida? Eight feet? What happens
when the melting ice caps raise the sealevel by a projected 20 feet?
Well at least you are living on the crest. I see that Orlando is at
106 feet, so not to worry. Maybe by that time Orlando will be on an
island!

Double-A

Old May 11th 07, 09:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A When Tampa goes under water I will make a fortune of money
selling my barrel unsinkable boats. Right now they are needed in lots of
flood areas. If I was younger I'd sail my boat up the Mississippi To
Chicago. It would show how safe it is. I do have it in back of my mind
to sail over the Falls. Bert

Old May 11th 07, 10:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Double-A When Tampa goes under water I will make a fortune of money
selling my barrel unsinkable boats. Right now they are needed in lots of
flood areas. If I was younger I'd sail my boat up the Mississippi To
Chicago. It would show how safe it is. I do have it in back of my mind
to sail over the Falls. Bert

nightbat

Status code Red---code word Darla---affirmed pending predicted
planet warming rising sea levels---ongoing planet vector location
spreading fires---major flooding---Officer Double-A sector serious
volcano warnings---potential Officer Warhol Wormwood advised comet
impact---coffeeboy clueless ranting---remain silent running---secret
coded message confirmed---Sean First Official Contact
imminent---signature authenticated---stay alert!

Why don't you open a company and sell stock in your bike boat company
Officer Bert? Who knows you could make a killing. I have advised to get
that going over the falls idea out of your head. You are too critical to
the mission, Darla likes your net "What If" posts.

stay alert,
the nightbat
Old May 11th 07, 10:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck[_2_]

In article ,
nightbat wrote:

nightbat

Status code Red---code word Darla---affirmed pending predicted
planet warming rising sea levels---ongoing planet vector location
spreading fires---major flooding---Officer Double-A sector serious
volcano warnings---potential Officer Warhol Wormwood advised comet
impact---coffeeboy clueless ranting---remain silent running---secret
coded message confirmed---Sean First Official Contact
imminent---signature authenticated---stay alert!

Why don't you open a company and sell stock in your bike boat company
Officer Bert? Who knows you could make a killing. I have advised to get
that going over the falls idea out of your head. You are too critical to
the mission, Darla likes your net "What If" posts.

Nightbat rubs out a quick one getting all excited about disasters.

--
Sacred keeper of the Hollow Sphere, and the space within the Coffee Boy
singularity. Official Science Team mascot.

COOSN-174-07-82116: alt.astronomy's favourite poster (from a survey taken
of the saucerhead high command).
Old May 11th 07, 10:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
John \C\

"Phineas T Puddleduck" wrote in message

I'm gay SNIP

Maintain silent communication, cadet Daffy!

C.H.J.

Old May 12th 07, 12:46 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

nightbat My kids don't like the idea of my sailing a barrel over
theFalls My grandkids think its a pretty good idea. and agree its
better than dying in bed(that's been over done. I don't look at it as
committing suicide I think of it going out with a splash,being carried
away by the bridle spray.. I have pictures of its 4 hour time to
build,and cost of material $35 I would like to sell it real cheap,and
try to sell it world wide. If you, Darla,Double-A or those that feel
they would like to be millionaires maybe we can work something out. Have
other stuff to market as well. Even my model planes could be made into
a great hobby. They could be used to form racing clubs. Hobbies are very
good for children. have an idea for an educational game,and it also
can help hand and eye coordination. My company M&M can be franchised
all over the world it is needed more now that the Earth has gotten
warmer. I have learned a lot about using water since the Mafia FGUA
turned my water off. With this knowledge I could go to very poor
countries,and show them what to do to have very clean warm water. I
have seen how bad conditions are when going into Mexico. Families
living in caves dug from mountain sides. The door a heavy old rug. They
get killed in heavy rains(land slides) As a kid I sleep on fine
sand,and when I was 16 bought an old car for both transportation and
having a roof over my head. Things got better and better for me,and not
having water is no real hardship. I've been there before. Now on tv
Bob Hansel our Mafia sheriff has his deputies cleaning up
underpasses,and parks of people that are broke,and have no place to go.
All are younger than me they look about 50. He does not put them in jail
he just gets them to keep moving so they know they are not wanted in
Osceola county. He claims they will commit crimes. Reality is Bob Hansel
our sheriff is a Mafia killer(hitman). He is the one that should be
kicked out Life is not fair. It is no wonder poor people die so
young. Sad but true Bert

Old June 21st 07, 10:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote...
in message ...

[...]

'Lo Bert --

Here's a Spirit rover view of the surrounding
marscape as taken from the crest of Husband
Hill ...

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap051114.html

And here's a rover pic of Husband Hill itself...

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap060703.html

Oh! and here's a 3D of the Spirit rover...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MER-A

You're a good friend, Bert, and i hope you
can fill your thoughts with the sky's awesome
wonders. The real secret of youth is to stay
curious!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--