Off-Topic: My Disability

Old July 28th 07, 08:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,uk.sci.astronomy
Radium[_3_]

Default Off-Topic: My Disability

Hello All:

I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.

I would like to give you some information about my disability. The
reason I am posting this message about Asperger's is to help avoid any
potential misunderstandings [though it's probably too late].

I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (AS). AS is a
neurological condition that causes significant impairment in social
interactions. People with AS see the world differently and this can
often bring them in conflict with conventional ways of thinking. They
have difficulty in reading body language, and interpreting subtle
cues. In my situation, I have significant difficulty with natural
conversation, reading social cues, and maintaining eye contact. This
can lead to a great deal of misunderstanding about my intent or my
behavior. For example, I may not always know what to say in social
situations, so I may look away or may not say anything. I also may not
always respond quickly when asked direct questions, but if given time
I am able express my ideas.

On Usenet, the text-equivalent of my disability is probably noticed. I
do apologize profusely, for any inconvenience it causes.

Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation,
and assistance.

Regards,

Radium

Old July 28th 07, 08:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,uk.sci.astronomy
John Popelish

Radium wrote:
[...]

Do you have any opinions on the accuracy of this diagnosis
of your condition?

John Popelish