A dime on Mars? ;)

Old August 26th 04, 03:55 AM
Paul Morris

Default A dime on Mars? ;)

See

http://origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov/gal...8P2423L7M1.JPG

Notice the disk-shaped object near the center of the image.
Looks just like a dime!

Maybe the rover is shedding some of its parts?

Paul

--
Email: lastname at best dot com. No spam please.
All spam will be complained to sender's ISP.
Old August 26th 04, 12:44 PM
JusUK

Paul Morris wrote in message
See

http://origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov/gal...60EFF35B8P2423
L7M1.JPG

Notice the disk-shaped object near the center of the image.
Looks just like a dime!

Maybe the rover is shedding some of its parts?

Paul

Oh yeah! It looks perfectly circular. If it isn't from the rover then ....

---

Old August 26th 04, 06:34 PM
djarvinen

(Paul Morris) wrote in message ...
See

http://origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov/gal...8P2423L7M1.JPG

Notice the disk-shaped object near the center of the image.
Looks just like a dime!

Maybe the rover is shedding some of its parts?

Paul

Hey, that's mine! I dropped it when I was looking for water. It has
a picture of Roosevelt on it (in case any of you needed proof).

--
JRJ
email addie somewhat defunct
Old August 26th 04, 06:52 PM
Peter Trei

Paul Morris wrote:

See

http://origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov/gal...8P2423L7M1.JPG

Notice the disk-shaped object near the center of the image.
Looks just like a dime!

Maybe the rover is shedding some of its parts?

Paul

I think the scale is wrong. The parallel ridges at the
top of the photo appear to be from the rovers wheel
treads. If this is so, the disk-like object is much
smaller than a dime.

Peter

Old August 27th 04, 05:03 AM
Fox2

In article , "JusUK" wrote:

Paul Morris wrote in message
See

http://origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov/gal...60EFF35B8P2423
L7M1.JPG

Notice the disk-shaped object near the center of the image.
Looks just like a dime!

Maybe the rover is shedding some of its parts?

Paul

Oh yeah! It looks perfectly circular. If it isn't from the rover then ....

...it must be from Mars?
Here is link to the color pic @ my tripod site.
http://members.tripod.com/~tucoan/sp...208-02-456.jpg

It works for me, but Tripod gets weird about pics being linked to from
one of their free webspace pages.

If it doesn't work then goto the main page @
http://members.tripod.com/~tucoan
and fight the banners & pop-ups 'they' put there.

---

Fox2
Old August 27th 04, 06:36 PM
JusUK

Peter Trei wrote in message
Paul Morris wrote:

See

http://origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov/gal...60EFF35B8P2423
L7M1.JPG

Notice the disk-shaped object near the center of the image.
Looks just like a dime!

Maybe the rover is shedding some of its parts?

Paul

I think the scale is wrong. The parallel ridges at the
top of the photo appear to be from the rovers wheel
treads. If this is so, the disk-like object is much
smaller than a dime.

Peter
.

OK so its not a dime!

---

Old August 28th 04, 02:02 AM
John Popelish

JusUK wrote:

Peter Trei wrote in message

I think the scale is wrong. The parallel ridges at the
top of the photo appear to be from the rovers wheel
treads. If this is so, the disk-like object is much
smaller than a dime.

OK so its not a dime!

It looks like the cleaved half of an above average sized hematite
sphere. It is less than twice the average size of the other spheres
in the photo, to my eye.

--
John Popelish
Old August 28th 04, 02:08 AM
Sir Charles W. Shults III

The size and the spectra both match a split spherule.

Cheers!

Sir Charles W. Shults III, K. B. B.
Xenotech Research
321-206-1840

Old August 28th 04, 05:12 AM
Robert Hartwick

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:08:35 GMT, "Sir Charles W. Shults III"
wrote:

The size and the spectra both match a split spherule.

Cheers!

Sir Charles W. Shults III, K. B. B.
Xenotech Research
321-206-1840

anyway, it couldn't be a dime. It's an Australian five cent piece!
;)

Old August 28th 04, 10:05 AM
Hynee

"Sir Charles W. Shults III" wrote in message
The size and the spectra both match a split spherule.

Cheers!

Sir Charles W. Shults III, K. B. B.
Xenotech Research
321-206-1840

Yeah, I agree with these guys, probably just a 'blueberry' that has split in
half.