Anybody remember me?

Old March 21st 11, 04:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default Anybody remember me?

I'm in orbit around the most boring planet in the solar system now:
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/
Please talk to me, I'm really depressed and all sunburned.

MESSENGER
Old March 21st 11, 10:22 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 08:08:07 -0800, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I'm in orbit around the most boring planet in the solar system now:
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/
Please talk to me, I'm really depressed and all sunburned.

Quit yer bellyachin' and get to work. It could be worse, you could be
Mars Observer, or Mars '96, Mars Climate Orbiter, or Mars Polar
Lander, or Contour, or Beagle 2, or Akatsuki...

MISSION CONTROL
Old March 21st 11, 11:30 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Rick Jones

wrote:

I'm in orbit around the most boring planet in the solar system now:
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/
Please talk to me, I'm really depressed and all sunburned.

Quit yer bellyachin' and get to work. It could be worse, you could be
Mars Observer, or Mars '96, Mars Climate Orbiter, or Mars Polar
Lander, or Contour, or Beagle 2, or Akatsuki...

MISSION CONTROL

Luxury! You were lucky to get into space at all - OCO, Glory, ...

PEANUT GALLERY

- Rick Jones
Old March 22nd 11, 12:04 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Jonathan

wrote:

I'm in orbit around the most boring planet in the solar system now:
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/
Please talk to me, I'm really depressed and all sunburned.

Quit yer bellyachin' and get to work. It could be worse, you could be
Mars Observer, or Mars '96, Mars Climate Orbiter, or Mars Polar
Lander, or Contour, or Beagle 2, or Akatsuki...

MISSION CONTROL

Well it's not every day humanity gets its first good look at one of the
planets. And poor Pluto is still just a fuzzy blob in a lens. Reminds me
to take stock of the things I've taken for granted, things I've really
never noticed before, like the Moon, or stop signs.

We like to laugh at those that thought the Earth was flat centuries ago.
But I wonder what people a few centuries..from now will think of us?

Hell, we still don't even know what gravity is?
And 70% of the matter of the universe is a complete mystery.

But they'll probably laugh hardest when they recount how we thought
the universe started with some mysterious bang, from an impossibly
absurd singularity. "Imagine" they will say "back then they thought
the universe was only 15 billion years old...hehehe...idiots!"
"Hell, I bet they even believed in ghosts back then too
....morons!"

"How could they live like that?"

Old March 22nd 11, 04:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Doug Freyburger

Pat Flannery wrote:

I'm in orbit around the most boring planet in the solar system now:
http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/
Please talk to me, I'm really depressed and all sunburned.

MESSENGER

The golden age of space exploration will happen when there are so many
probes out there doing cool new stuff that most of them are hardly
mentioned in the press.

Oh wait, that's today. Nice.

Doug the guy who started his career at JPL making him biased in favor of
the unmanned stuff ...
Old March 22nd 11, 08:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
David Spain

Rick Jones wrote:
MISSION CONTROL

Luxury! You were lucky to get into space at all - OCO, Glory, ...

PEANUT GALLERY

She's got a ticket to ri-hide,
She's got a ticket to ri-hi-hide,
She's got a ticket to ride,
But she don't care.

That's actually spelled Ryde...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticket_to_Ride

STONE GALLERY

As we near the end; I remember the beginning.... David Spain Space Shuttle 7 April 1st 11 05:27 AM
Now I remember why... Steve Pearce UK Astronomy 3 August 18th 05 08:21 PM
REMEMBER SAM Space Shuttle 6 November 8th 03 02:38 AM
Can't remember the name Brian Thorn History 1 October 10th 03 04:21 AM