Just checking in...

Old August 6th 03, 01:51 PM
David Sander

Default Just checking in...

....and from what I can see, there's an awful lot of noise going on here
at the moment. Goodness gracious, and quite a few absentees, too -
little wonder.

Oh well.

Anyway, just wanted to a) see who was still here, and b) find out if
anyone was heading to Toronto for the World Science Fiction Convention
being held at the end of September.

I'm sending a sample DVD of a special demo sequence of Man Conquers
Space on the invitation of TorCon organizers, which they'll be screening
at some point during the proceedings.

It won't be anything like a whole film, instead it's a special
demonstration sequence running about 4 minutes, in the finished feature
film's 2.35:1 ratio with proper editing and everything.

Anyway, just interested.

David
--
per aspera ad astra
Old August 6th 03, 03:05 PM
David Sander

David Sander wrote:

...and from what I can see, there's an awful lot of noise going on here
at the moment. Goodness gracious, and quite a few absentees, too -
little wonder.

Oh well.

Anyway, just wanted to a) see who was still here, and b) find out if
anyone was heading to Toronto for the World Science Fiction Convention
being held at the end of September.

Bugger ... end of *August* ... *beginning* of September. Sorry about that.

David
--
per aspera ad astra
Old August 6th 03, 03:27 PM
Andre Lieven

David Sander ) writes:
David Sander wrote:

...and from what I can see, there's an awful lot of noise going on here
at the moment. Goodness gracious, and quite a few absentees, too -
little wonder.

Oh well.

Anyway, just wanted to a) see who was still here, and b) find out if
anyone was heading to Toronto for the World Science Fiction Convention
being held at the end of September.

Bugger ... end of *August* ... *beginning* of September. Sorry about that.

Ah... I missed that, too, since I'm used to just thinking of it being
" Worldcon Time "... g

Andre

--
" I'm a man... But, I can change... If I have to... I guess. "
The Man Prayer, Red Green.
Old August 11th 03, 04:27 PM
Michael Gallagher

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:51:29 GMT, David Sander
wrote:

...just wanted to a) see who was still here ....

Haven't had time to visit a lot lately, but I have dropped in. Have
fun in Toronto; I'm off to Maine in nine days!

Old August 11th 03, 04:27 PM
Michael Gallagher

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:05:35 GMT, David Sander
wrote:

Bugger ... end of *August* ... *beginning* of September. Sorry about that.

Same time as I'll be tooling around Maine and New Brunswick; couldn't
make it if I wanted to. But have a good time.

Old August 21st 03, 08:50 PM
Henry Spencer

In article ,
David Sander wrote:
Anyway, just wanted to a) see who was still here, and b) find out if
anyone was heading to Toronto for the World Science Fiction Convention
being held at the end of September.

Still here, modulo a vacation or two... and will be at the Worldcon.
--
MOST launched 1015 EDT 30 June, separated 1046, | Henry Spencer
first ground-station pass 1651, all nominal! |
Old August 22nd 03, 07:10 AM
Andre Lieven

Henry Spencer ) writes:
In article ,
David Sander wrote:
Anyway, just wanted to a) see who was still here, and b) find out if
anyone was heading to Toronto for the World Science Fiction Convention
being held at the end of September.

Still here, modulo a vacation or two... and will be at the Worldcon.

Kewl. Wanna meet up ? g

Andre

Old August 24th 03, 04:28 AM
Andre Lieven

Henry Spencer ) writes:
In article ,
Andre Lieven wrote:
Still here, modulo a vacation or two... and will be at the Worldcon.

Kewl. Wanna meet up ? g

Hmm, do we want to try to have an s.s.h get-together at the Worldcon?

That could also depend on how many from here will be there...

But, if the usual Worldcon logistics are followed, there will be
a " voodoo board ", with an alphabetical listing of all memberships,
with a place to place notes to anyone on said list, and pins to push
in by the recipient's name, to let them know that someone left them
a message...

The social calendar is looking crowded already, but I could try to
squeeze that in...

Worldcons are lovely events, but vacations, they're surely not... g

I'll be on site, as of Wednesday afternoon. Strathcona Hotel.

Andre