Milky Way Moving Away from Void

Old June 16th 07, 01:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Default Milky Way Moving Away from Void

"Our galaxy is being pushed away from the Local Void at 600,000 mph,
meaning the void must be very large and very empty."

"Our Milky Way galaxy lies at the edge of a huge void and is being
repulsed by the void at high speed. This observation provides
astronomers with fundamental insights into how dark matter is
distributed and the process of galaxy formation. Brent Tully of the
University of Hawaii discussed this discovery at the meeting of the
American Astronomical Society in Honolulu, Hawaii."

"These patterns reveal the cause: the Local Void. Whereas
concentrations of matter pull, a void pushes. If an object is
surrounded uniformly by matter in all directions, except for one
sector in which there is nothing, then the absence of a pull is a push
away from that sector. The effect can be astonishingly large. Our
velocity away from the Local Void is 600,000 miles-per-hour."

"To generate such a large velocity, the void must be very large and
very empty. The current standard model of the universe with dark
matter and dark energy does allow for voids that are as large as we
infer for the Local Void, but it is impressive that we should live
next to such a large feature. More importantly for our theoretical
understanding, we conclude that the void is really empty. Only a small
fraction of the matter of the universe is in a visible form, so it is
not a given that an apparently empty region is truly empty. However,
the large push we are getting from the Local Void is convincing
evidence that it really is empty."

http://www.astronomy.com/asy/default.aspx?c=a&id=5669

Convex space?

Double-A

Old June 16th 07, 03:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
greysky

"Double-A" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

No, more likely the cause of the push is antimatter. According to my theory,
antimatter should exist in the voids and exhibit negative gravity. Just one
more confirmation that I've been right in my assumptions all along.

greysky

Old June 16th 07, 03:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Jun 16, 7:29 am, "greysky" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

I don't know why some of the local idiots here are giving you a hard
time about this. Fact is, no experiment has yet established whether
antimatter has negative or positive gravity. Some scientists have
their opinions, but that is all they are at this point.

Double-A

Old June 16th 07, 03:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
greysky

"Double-A" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 16, 7:29 am, "greysky" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Well, you said it Double - A: They're local idiots. I wouldn't expect
anything else from a coffeeboy. As for the voids, I would suspect they're
filled with the 'missing' antimatter of the universe. Being gravitationally
repulsive, antimatter can't come together to form anything, so it just sits
there, as a sort of fog, repelling the rest of the universe into the shape
it currently is in. When it comes time to hand out the Nobel, wanna bet my
name isn't mentioned at all ? :-)

Greysky

Old June 16th 07, 04:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar

"greysky" wrote in message
et...

"Double-A" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 16, 7:29 am, "greysky" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Hate to blow your Nobel bubble, but I watched a documentary some months ago
about the Big Bang and the evolution of the Universe. One of the points
made was that after matter began to form (atoms), the ratio of anti-matter
vs matter was on the order of 100,000 to 100,001 and after the orgy of
destruction was over, the 1 part in a million of matter was the winner. And
that's what we see today. Based on that theory, I very much doubt that
there is any anti-matter left over in the present Universe.

On the other hand, the theoretic dark matter may well consist of the ashes
of that matter/anti-matter slug-fest

Even if there were clouds of anti-matter, matter would leak in and react
with the expected annihilative results, which then surely could be observed
by observatories and satellites, scanning the heavens looking for just such
events.

..

Old June 16th 07, 05:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Jun 16, 8:32 am, "Hagar" wrote:
"greysky" wrote in message

et...

"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 16, 7:29 am, "greysky" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

I know that that's what they say. But have you ever heard them
explain comprehensibly how this magical imbalance in nature's books
could come about? Photons decay into matter-antimatter particle
pairs. How could this simple math get out of balance in favor of
matter?

On the other hand, the theoretic dark matter may well consist of the ashes
of that matter/anti-matter slug-fest

Even if there were clouds of anti-matter, matter would leak in and react
with the expected annihilative results, which then surely could be observed
by observatories and satellites, scanning the heavens looking for just such
events.

These events would not be occurring if matter and antimatter
gravitationally repel one another.

Double-A

Old June 16th 07, 06:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Jun 16, 8:32 am, "Charles D. Bohne" wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:29:18 GMT, "greysky"
wrote:

Convex space?

No, more likely the cause of the push is antimatter. According to my theory,
antimatter should exist in the voids and exhibit negative gravity. Just one
more confirmation that I've been right in my assumptions all along.

greysky

And we don't see it, because...? it sucks light in, or what? :-

C.

Photoffs?

Don't laugh too loudly. Experiments have been going on for at least
five years to tell whether antihydrogen emits the same spectrum of
light as hydrogen, yet results seem to have been inconclusive.

" Today, no conclusive spectral signature for the presence of
antihydrogen could be reported, since measuring the spectrum of
antihydrogen, especially the 1S-2S interval, is exactly the goal of
these CERN collaborations."

http://pandapedia.com/wiki/Antihydrogen

How do we know that antimatter atoms emit light at all as we know it
and can detect it?

Also,

"The gravitational interaction of antimatter with matter or antimatter
has not been conclusively observed by physicists."

http://pandapedia.com/wiki/Gravitati..._of_antimatter

Double-A

Old June 16th 07, 09:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A & Greysky How did our parrel anti-universe come to be if it
was destroyed by matter that mother nature made more of. I would be
ashamed to post that as one of my ideas. I'd rather go with anti-matter
hiding in another dimension,or go with the membrane theory. You should
not fool with mother natures balancing act. She might get very angry
bert

Old June 17th 07, 06:51 AM posted to alt.astronomy
greysky

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
news:ca3873tua4icsrdp928of3mt53r6qbtl9u@pasoschwei z.de...
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:46:11 GMT, "greysky"
wrote:

As for the voids, I would suspect they're
filled with the 'missing' antimatter of the universe. Being
gravitationally
repulsive, antimatter can't come together to form anything, so it just
sits
there, as a sort of fog, repelling the rest of the universe into the shape
it currently is in.

Hi greysky!

"ordinary anitmatter" doesn't show anti-gravitiy, but there is a lot
of speculation ongoing about mirror forms to ordinary matter AND
ordinary antimatter in a supersymmetric CPT-variation which might
lead to up to 8 different sorts of "matter".

HTH.
C.

Hi Charles,

Yes there indeed can be many different types of matter - when I first
formulated my theory I made the assumption that there can be only one
variance to normal matter (hey what did we know about the universe 20 +
years ago?) As of now, I recon there could be several different forms of
'dark matter' in the huge cosmic voids our galaxies form the walls of. But,
because of baryon conservation, there has to be at least an equal amount of
antimatter out there somewhere. Although antimatter does have a positive
inertial mass, I have shown how it can have a negative gravitational mass -
as long as it is antiparallel to normal mater, having only a sign change.
So, the question is how does a universe full of antimatter which has a
positive inertial mass and a negative gravitational mass, affect the total
energy distribution of the universe? Interestingly, my model predicted the
large scale ''swiss cheese' look we currently understand the universe to
look like, but in the 1980's I was laughed at.

Greysky

Old June 17th 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
greysky

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
newsu1a73h4973o5p9rtv4m1m2r86cq2cc5lt@pasoschwei z.de...
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 22:51:47 -0700, "greysky"
wrote:

Interestingly, my model predicted the
large scale ''swiss cheese' look we currently understand the universe to
look like, but in the 1980's I was laughed at.

Hello Greysky!

Is there a page where I can have a glance at your model? I would
really love to see it - even if it is not complete, or even a little
bit "outdated", Thanks!

C.

When I get a bit of extra time, I'll OCR it and upload it onto my web site
as a PDF file. But the central idea is easy enough for me to say here. I
recognize the equivalence principle we are using today as a special case of
a more general form, which is: / I(m) / = / G(m) /. Or, stated as "The
absolute magnitude of inertial mass is equal to the absolute magnitude of
gravitational mass."

This breaks down into 4 solutions:

1} I(m) = G(m)

2} -I(m) = -G(m)

3} -I(m) = G(m)

4} I(m) = -G(m)

Solution 1 is the current equivalent principle. Solution 2 is mathematically
equivalent to solution 1. Solution 3 violates conservation of energy laws
as it implies matter which self accelerates. Only solution 4 is currently
possible and has not been excluded by observation. Note it is possible for
antimatter to fall into this classification as antimatter has been verified
to have a positive inertial mass, but there has been no experiment to verify
its gravitational mass as of yet. It is my idea that this missing antimatter
currently resides as an atomic or molecular particulate fog in the empty
voids. It exerts a negative gravity, or a scalar field tension on the walls
of the voids which are made up of galaxies, causing much of the present day
large scale cosmogonical features we observe as well as driving expansion.
Now, there may be other forms of matter making up the dark content of the
voids, but as the current thought on this dark matter makes it transparent
to electromagnetic fields, starlight from the other side should be observed
when we look at a void with the Hubble, but the voids are totally
featureless - if there were only dark matter of the unknown kind filling the
voids there would be some trace of the galaxies existing on the other side
as light would be able to pass through it unaffected, but there isn't any.
This dovetails with my idea for the antimatter fog, which is absorbing all
the light. Almost as an afterthought, my theory shows that baryon number is
a true conserved quantity, as there were an equal number of antiprotons
created as there were protons during the big bang - and so far all
experiments looking for proton decay and haven't found any bear me out on.
This,as you know, bears important implications for grand unification, as
well as the large scale energy balance of the universe. But, back in the
1980's, all the then current theorists were expecting to see a proton decay
"any day now". It was the age of Superforce and Kamiokande, as well as
String theory was beginning to take over the halls of academia - there was
no room in that world for me. I threatened the order of things by making the
entire universe so easy to visualize a grade school kid could see it all.
Something had to go - me or String Theory. Well, I didn't really go away,
but I've been here, watching the field of physics literally thinking itself
to death, ever since.

Greysky