I saw the ISS :)

Old March 24th 09, 12:07 AM posted to sci.space.station
Mike

Default I saw the ISS :)

Only the second time I've seen it, the first being a pretty dim pass a
few years back, this time it was a clear night an hour after local
sunset with a bit of patchy cloud. The target was really bright (mag
-1.9) an in a near overhead pass.

Not sure if the shuttle makes a big difference to visibility but an
acre of panels and an object over 100 metres long is pretty
spectacular.

Old March 24th 09, 12:19 PM posted to sci.space.station
Mike

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:55:04 -0500, JD in TX
wrote:

Mike wrote in
:

The target was really bright (mag
-1.9) an in a near overhead pass.

You sure it wasn't a moth?

Only if it coincided with the predicted time of a pass and was flying
higher than the 4000ft broken cloudbase

Old March 24th 09, 10:04 PM posted to sci.space.station
André, PE1PQX

Mike bracht volgend idée uit :
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:55:04 -0500, JD in TX
wrote:

Mike wrote in
:

The target was really bright (mag
-1.9) an in a near overhead pass.

You sure it wasn't a moth?

Only if it coincided with the predicted time of a pass and was flying
higher than the 4000ft broken cloudbase

Here are my sightings on photo:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...3-2009_DFF.jpg
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...ssages/ISS.jpg

Both pictures have a 30 second shutter time.
Please note on the first you'll see an antenne.. I'm a HAM-radio
operator PE1PQX

--
As Drent Binj altied Stoned Umdaj Tuschen Hunebedden Woont