DragonLab To Fly In 2010

Old November 6th 08, 04:50 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default DragonLab To Fly In 2010

"Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX) expects to begin
commercial flights of its newly announced reusable DragonLab
spacecraft in 2010, and is in negotiations with potential customers
for room on the vehicle."

See:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gener...&channel=space
Old November 6th 08, 06:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Martha Adams

wrote in message
"Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX) expects to begin
commercial flights of its newly announced reusable DragonLab
spacecraft in 2010, and is in negotiations with potential customers
for room on the vehicle."

See:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gener...&channel=space

Musk/SpaceX are developing an able and experienced workforce,
and hopefully, the most hard and costly part of their learning
curve is past now. However. I hope to see successful Falcon 1
and Falcon 9 flights, retrievals, and re-use of hardware,
before they send off the DragonLab. The distance from today to
DragonLab still looks seriously large to me.

Titeotwawki -- mha [sci.space.policy 2008 Nov 06]

Old November 6th 08, 07:19 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_3_]

Martha Adams wrote:
Musk/SpaceX are developing an able and experienced workforce,
and hopefully, the most hard and costly part of their learning
curve is past now. However. I hope to see successful Falcon 1
and Falcon 9 flights, retrievals, and re-use of hardware,
before they send off the DragonLab. The distance from today to
DragonLab still looks seriously large to me.

That it seems Musk has to go back and spend time trying to rescue
Tesla probably doesn't make that distance any smaller

rick jones
Old November 6th 08, 09:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Damon Hill[_4_]

Rick Jones wrote in news:gevg0a$oqi$2
@usenet01.boi.hp.com:

Martha Adams wrote:
Musk/SpaceX are developing an able and experienced workforce,
and hopefully, the most hard and costly part of their learning
curve is past now. However. I hope to see successful Falcon 1
and Falcon 9 flights, retrievals, and re-use of hardware,
before they send off the DragonLab. The distance from today to
DragonLab still looks seriously large to me.

That it seems Musk has to go back and spend time trying to rescue
Tesla probably doesn't make that distance any smaller

Is Tesla having problems delivering product? I know some owners
have received their vehicles, but other higher-volume models
still seem a long way off from production.

--Damon

Old November 6th 08, 11:03 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_3_]

Damon Hill wrote:
Is Tesla having problems delivering product? I know some owners
have received their vehicles, but other higher-volume models still
seem a long way off from production.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...nG=Search+News

lots of stories there.

rick jones
Old November 7th 08, 03:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bresco

wrote in message
"Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX) expects to begin
commercial flights of its newly announced reusable DragonLab
spacecraft in 2010, and is in negotiations with potential customers
for room on the vehicle."

See:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gener...&channel=space

Musk/SpaceX are developing an able and experienced workforce,
and hopefully, the most hard and costly part of their learning
curve is past now. However. I hope to see successful Falcon 1
and Falcon 9 flights, retrievals, and re-use of hardware,
before they send off the DragonLab. The distance from today to
DragonLab still looks seriously large to me.

Let's hope that their Falcon-1 adventure was a learning experience and that
they can get Falcon-9 into orbit without so many failures. Once they get
Falcon-9 up and running they are set to become one heck of a profitable
company.

NASA to buy Soyuz after 2010. Alain Fournier[_2_] Policy 0 September 27th 08 03:05 PM
2010 Mustang Big Al[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 0 December 25th 07 08:02 PM
Pressure with 2010 deadline Mark Lopa Space Shuttle 17 September 11th 05 05:46 AM
2010 deadline John Doe Space Shuttle 2 May 3rd 05 09:41 PM
2010 or 2020 ? John Doe Space Shuttle 7 February 16th 04 02:09 PM