The worm is back!

Old April 2nd 20, 06:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default The worm is back!

The worm is back!

Jeff
Old April 2nd 20, 09:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 2020-04-02 1:18 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:
The worm is back!

Jeff

Care to expound on this a bit?

Dave

Old April 3rd 20, 12:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

On 2020-04-02 1:18 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:
The worm is back!

Jeff

Care to expound on this a bit?

Dave

I think he is referring to the NASA logo.

Alain Fournier
Old April 3rd 20, 01:26 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Dean Markley

On 2020-04-02 1:18 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:
The worm is back!

Jeff

Care to expound on this a bit?

Dave

I think he is referring to the NASA logo.

Alain Fournier

I hope so, otherwise he needs to see a doctor. There's prescriptions for that.
Old April 4th 20, 02:14 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

On 2020-04-02 1:18 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:
The worm is back!

Jeff

Care to expound on this a bit?

Dave

I think he is referring to the NASA logo.

Alain Fournier

I hope so, otherwise he needs to see a doctor. There's prescriptions for that.

A few decades worth of his posts makes me think that he doesn't need
that kind of prescription. Of course, it could be a case of recent onset
of schizophrenia but I think that the NASA logo hypothesis is much more
likely here ;-)

Alain Fournier
Old April 4th 20, 10:34 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

On 2020-04-02 13:18, Jeff Findley wrote:
The worm is back!

I thought it was called "the meatball" ?

The meatball had replaced the worm. The meatball is out. The worm is back.

Alain Fournier
Old April 4th 20, 02:32 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article , says...

On 2020-04-02 1:18 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:
The worm is back!

Care to expound on this a bit?

Article with great picture of the NASA worm logo on the side of the
Falcon 9 which will be used for the crewed Dragon 2 test flight to ISS.

NASA brings back iconic 'worm' logo for SpaceX Falcon 9
https://www.designboom.com/design/na...lcon-9-rocket-
04-03-2020/

The worm logo actually came out of a much larger effort of the US
Federal Government to actually use graphic design throughout the
government. Before the 70s, logos were haphazard and had no
consistency.

The PDF scan of the manual below is *the* graphics design reference that
was developed to guide NASA employees in how to use graphic design in
documents, on buildings, on vehicles, and etc. Because most engineers
(myself included) are otherwise clueless of graphic design principles.

National Aeronautics and
NHB 1430.2
Space Administration
January, 1976
Graphics Standards Manual
https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/f...graphics_manua
l_nhb_1430-2_jan_1976.pdf

Jeff

Old April 4th 20, 07:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 2020-04-04 9:32 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:
The PDF scan of the manual below is *the* graphics design reference that
was developed to guide NASA employees in how to use graphic design in
documents, on buildings, on vehicles, and etc. Because most engineers
(myself included) are otherwise clueless of graphic design principles.

National Aeronautics and
NHB 1430.2
Space Administration
January, 1976
Graphics Standards Manual
https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/f...graphics_manua
l_nhb_1430-2_jan_1976.pdf

Thanks. At first I thought this was an April 1 joke but I've seen it
reported now in enough places I guess it's for real. Well it is easier
to paint for sure.

Let me fix that link for one-clickabilty via Thunderbird.

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/f...2_jan_1976.pdf

Dave
Old April 5th 20, 03:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article , says...

On 2020-04-04 9:32 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:
The PDF scan of the manual below is *the* graphics design reference that
was developed to guide NASA employees in how to use graphic design in
documents, on buildings, on vehicles, and etc. Because most engineers
(myself included) are otherwise clueless of graphic design principles.

National Aeronautics and
NHB 1430.2
Space Administration
January, 1976
Graphics Standards Manual
https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/f...graphics_manua
l_nhb_1430-2_jan_1976.pdf

Thanks. At first I thought this was an April 1 joke but I've seen it
reported now in enough places I guess it's for real. Well it is easier
to paint for sure.

Let me fix that link for one-clickabilty via Thunderbird.

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/f...2_jan_1976.pdf

Thanks.

Yeah, my MicroPlanet Gravity newsreader doesn't allow me to type in, or
paste in, lines that are over 80 columns. When I'm quoting, it will
warn me that the quoted area is over 80 columns, but it will still allow
me to post it. It's weird like that.

Jeff
Old April 6th 20, 02:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 2020-04-05 10:59 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah, my MicroPlanet Gravity newsreader doesn't allow me to type in, or
paste in, lines that are over 80 columns. When I'm quoting, it will
warn me that the quoted area is over 80 columns, but it will still allow
me to post it. It's weird like that.

Jeff

Just FYI in Thunderbird all you have to do is paste a link as a
quotation and it won't auto-wrap it.

Dave

Through the Worm Hole Mark Earnest[_2_] Misc 5 August 6th 18 04:55 AM
Through the Worm Hole Mark Earnest[_2_] Misc 6 May 25th 18 10:08 AM
mars worm? Paul Morris Astronomy Misc 13 August 25th 04 06:54 AM
Worm still at HQ? Mark Lopa Space Shuttle 0 July 29th 04 06:05 AM
Sobig.F. Worm G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 2 October 15th 03 10:37 PM