Eco-weenies looking at Mars sand now

Old February 6th 04, 06:06 AM
Ejucated Republicun

Default Eco-weenies looking at Mars sand now

The beard and spectacles guys are aiming the micro at sand on Mars
now. They want to look at pebbles for the sake of Man? The rovers
should find place for people to live, not acting like all the dweebs
on earth looking at boring rocks and trees to get grants and rip off
taxpayers.

People matter not soil! The only good soil study is when I drive my
big Ford on dirt and to test the new tires types. Buget gets wasted on
that each day the mission goes. Hey - they should also terriform the
place like in that Arnold flick so people can live there. If they do
find life they should kill it all before the enviros call it
endangered. You know they want a 2nd EPA up on Mars! We have enough
lack of rights down here. The greens would give each pebble a name and
build a park around all it.

Steve
Old February 6th 04, 07:04 PM
Eric Chomko

Ejucated Republicun ) wrote:
: The beard and spectacles guys are aiming the micro at sand on Mars
: now. They want to look at pebbles for the sake of Man? The rovers
: should find place for people to live, not acting like all the dweebs
: on earth looking at boring rocks and trees to get grants and rip off
: taxpayers.

Do you expect them to find a neighborhood and houses?

: People matter not soil! The only good soil study is when I drive my
: big Ford on dirt and to test the new tires types. Buget gets wasted on
: that each day the mission goes. Hey - they should also terriform the
: place like in that Arnold flick so people can live there. If they do
: find life they should kill it all before the enviros call it
: endangered. You know they want a 2nd EPA up on Mars! We have enough
: lack of rights down here. The greens would give each pebble a name and
: build a park around all it.

I'm glad that the Greens drive you crazy. That is a good thing!
And speaking of good things, I hope Martha Stewart beats the rap just to
**** off Republicans just like you! And W, I hope Kerry kicks his ass for
the exact same reason. You dittoheads have had your time.

Eric

: Steve
Old February 6th 04, 08:00 PM
Julius Kilo

"Ejucated Republicun" wrote
The beard and spectacles guys are aiming the micro at sand on Mars
now. They want to look at pebbles for the sake of Man? The rovers
should find place for people to live, not acting like all the dweebs
on earth looking at boring rocks and trees...

People matter not soil! The only good soil study is when I drive my
big Ford on dirt and to test the new tires types.

4 out of 5 people surveyed prefer beard-and-spectacles to
brow-ridge-and-dragging-knuckles.

Yes, these dweebs make Homo phobicus republicanus feel stupid. It's called
The Revenge of the Nerds. For consolation, shift focus and just keep
repeating, "I.m smarter than the President, I'm smarter than the
President..."

Old February 7th 04, 04:31 AM
Ejucated Republicun

(Eric Chomko) wrote in message ...

Ejucated Republicun ) wrote:
: The beard and spectacles guys are aiming the micro at sand on Mars
: now. They want to look at pebbles for the sake of Man? The rovers
: should find place for people to live, not acting like all the dweebs
: on earth looking at boring rocks and trees to get grants and rip off
: taxpayers.

Do you expect them to find a neighborhood and houses?

No but they should not go to do flaky Birken-science. Only good
science is what benifits people like oil geology and civil eng.
Critters and dirt are only junk science. Why do I care about a microb
1 million miles away? John Stossel agrees with all that.

: People matter not soil! The only good soil study is when I drive my
: big Ford on dirt and to test the new tires types. Buget gets wasted on
: that each day the mission goes. Hey - they should also terriform the
: place like in that Arnold flick so people can live there. If they do
: find life they should kill it all before the enviros call it
: endangered. You know they want a 2nd EPA up on Mars! We have enough
: lack of rights down here. The greens would give each pebble a name and
: build a park around all it.

I'm glad that the Greens drive you crazy. That is a good thing!
And speaking of good things, I hope Martha Stewart beats the rap just to
**** off Republicans just like you! And W, I hope Kerry kicks his ass for
the exact same reason. You dittoheads have had your time.

How do you know what Martha votes? Kerry has a too long face and real
Americans vote with their cameras so Bush will be back in '05. I am
not a Dittohead I think for myself

Steve
Old February 7th 04, 06:49 PM
Paul F. Dietz

Joann Evans wrote:

Normally I respect much of what he has to say, but it's never
possible to know in advance *what* basic research will have pratical
application later, and what will not.

You can make a good guess, though. In fact, the expected value
of scientific research is predicted *all the time* when decisions
are made to award grants (and when individual scientists decide
what to work on.)

Paul
Old February 9th 04, 12:09 AM
John Schutkeker

Don't waste bandwidth responding to this guy. You'll just encourage him.
Old February 9th 04, 12:53 AM
G EddieA95

Why do I care about a microb
1 million miles away?

If only we had an astronomical body bearing microbial life 1,000,000 miles
away!!! We could get there with current technology and would have done so by
now!!! Unfortunately, the places we want to search and explore are many times
farther.
Old February 9th 04, 12:56 AM
G EddieA95

It increases the odds of life elsewhere (hey, guy, planets you
won't have to bother terraforming...does that mean something to you or
your possible descendants?)

They have to get there first, since such will only be around other stars. And
when they get there, lack of terraforming won't matter, they will still need
spacesuits to protect against local diseases.

and with that, the chances of other
intelligent life forms.

Which may be as much a negative as a positive for our race.
Old February 10th 04, 07:18 PM
Eric Chomko

:
: Do you expect them to find a neighborhood and houses?

: No but they should not go to do flaky Birken-science. Only good
: science is what benifits people like oil geology and civil eng.

Oil geology and civil engineering are necessary, but there is much more to
science than what is based in pure economics as is your want. Sorry pal,
we will look and do things that don't necessarily turn a buck! Drone...

Let's change your ethics instead!!

: Critters and dirt are only junk science. Why do I care about a microb
: 1 million miles away? John Stossel agrees with all that.

Because the microbe, if it is there, is important to know about. Because.

[...]

Martha gives big $$$ donation to the Dems and not the Repubs, and THAT is
why she is under fire these days, no other reason!

W is out!

Denounce Rush now and be saved!

Eric

: Steve