OT- the election

Old November 3rd 04, 08:53 AM
Pat Flannery

Default OT- the election

It's after 1:30 AM here in North Dakota, and the election's running
neck-and-neck; but whoever wins this, it is my opinion that all of
America has won this day in a very important way indeed...there was a
very big voter turnout, and some voters waited hours to cast their
votes...you can't hear that without remembering Benjamin Franklin's
words at the end of the Constitutional Convention, when he stated that
he had been studying the carving on the backrest of the chair that faced
him, which showed a sun on the horizon.
He said that after a careful consideration, it represented a rising, not
a setting, sun.
God bless America, and God bless the democratic process of government.

Pat

Old November 3rd 04, 11:09 AM
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

It's after 1:30 AM here in North Dakota, and the election's running
neck-and-neck;

What a horse race! At 4 AM CDT, 252 electoral votes for Kerry; 254 for
Bush!
Pat

Old November 3rd 04, 11:18 AM
Dale

Well said, Pat.

Dale

This election still sucked, though
Old November 3rd 04, 12:20 PM
Pat Flannery

Dale wrote:

Well said, Pat.

Dale

This election still sucked, though

The reason it sucked is that people of good heart, strong convictions,
and inspired dreams didn't get involved at the grass-roots level ...and
thereby give us more appealing, smarter, more worthy, and inspiring
candidates on both sides.
God, as a North Dakotan do I wish to see someone of Theodore Roosevelt's
dynamism step unto the political stage again.
I disagree with most of what he did internationally; but...by God...
that man _was_ a president!
Pat

Old November 3rd 04, 12:45 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
I disagree with most of what he did internationally; but...by God...
that man _was_ a president!

Being President doesn't require a great deal of intelligence- look at Reagan
vs Carter. Carter was clearly, by far, the more intelligent President. What
he lacked, however, was *the* crucial requirement for a President, which
Reagan had in spades- the ability to *Make A Decision*. Right or wrong,
Reagan could make decisions quickly, and stuck to them.

Ol' Teddy had the same advantage. Right or wrong, he could Make Decisions.

Old November 3rd 04, 02:42 PM
OM

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 06:45:43 -0500, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

Carter was clearly, by far, the more intelligent President.

....Even crippled by Alzheimer's, Reagan was far more intelligent than
Carter will ever have a hope of being. His brother, Billy, was by far
the more intelligent of the two, and that's even taking into account
the fact that he smuggled a small amount of Pu238 to the Libyans in
his butt.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old November 3rd 04, 02:43 PM
OM

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 01:53:55 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

It's after 1:30 AM here in North Dakota, and the election's running
neck-and-neck;

....You mean douche and turd, Pat.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old November 3rd 04, 03:25 PM
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

What a horse race! At 4 AM CDT, 252 electoral votes for Kerry; 254
for Bush!
Pat

And at 8 AM CDT those numbers had not changed according to CNN.
You guys follow this for the next 8 hours or so- me, I've got a
rendezvous with Havarti cheese, homemade bread...and chewy
Chocolate-Chip cookies...and a warm bed with a cool overstuffed pillow
or so in it.

Pat

Old November 3rd 04, 09:52 PM
Wpai

Wasn't there a NASA credo "Better no decision than te wrong decision"?

Grtzz, Wpay

"Scott Hedrick"

Old November 3rd 04, 10:43 PM
Derek Lyons

"Scott Hedrick" wrote:

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
I disagree with most of what he did internationally; but...by God...
that man _was_ a president!

Being President doesn't require a great deal of intelligence- look at Reagan
vs Carter. Carter was clearly, by far, the more intelligent President. What
he lacked, however, was *the* crucial requirement for a President, which
Reagan had in spades- the ability to *Make A Decision*. Right or wrong,
Reagan could make decisions quickly, and stuck to them.

I think the key difference lay not in intelligence, nor in the ability
to make a decision... But in the fact that Reagan could convey
concrete ideals that the man in the street could identify with.
Carter was a more abstract thinker, and lacked the ability to put
those ideals into more solid terms.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Election Day Double-A Misc 4 November 2nd 04 10:27 PM
Election seats Remy Villeneuve History 8 June 2nd 04 04:54 AM