Andromeda Galaxy Devouring Its Neighbors!

Old September 4th 09, 10:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Andromeda Galaxy Devouring Its Neighbors!

"The Andromeda galaxy, the closest neighbour to our own Milky Way, has
been growing by scooping up stars from smaller surrounding galaxies, a
Canadian-led team of astronomers has found."

"Astronomers have long suspected that galaxies grow by pulling in
stars from smaller galaxies, a theory called the hierarchical model.
The model predicts that a large galaxy should be surrounded by the
remnants of smaller galaxies it has cannibalized in the past."

""Because of the gravity of the bigger galaxies, smaller galaxies get
pulled apart, and stars in them get pulled out into long stellar
streams," McConnachie said. The survey found several such streams
around Andromeda, which McConnachie called the "fossilized remains" of
other galaxies.

The astronomers found a stream of stars between Triangulum and
Andromeda, as well as distortions in the disc of Triangulum, both
evidence that the two galaxies have come into contact in the past.

The galaxies orbit each other in a long, slow spiral, and
McConnachie's team predicted that the next time they get close to each
other, Andromeda could pull in even more stars and destroy Triangulum.

The study also found that galaxies are much larger than previously
thought. Stars loosely bound to Andromeda's gravity were found at
distances up to 100 times the radius of the central disk of the
galaxy.

"Five to 10 years ago, before we started doing this kind of work, we
would never have looked half a million light years from Andromeda.
Everybody would have thought you were just looking into empty space,"
McConnachie said.

The study, to be published Thursday in the journal Nature, offers the
first panoramic view of a galaxy and the "fossils" of the galaxies it
has absorbed."

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...da-galaxy.html

We're doomed!

Double-A

Old September 5th 09, 01:29 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Sep 4, 4:59*pm, "Charles D. Bohne" wrote:
On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 14:07:40 -0700 (PDT), Double-A
wrote:

We're doomed!

What's so bad about belonging to the Andromeda Galaxy one fine day?
C.

We might lose our galactical identity and become Andromedans!

Double-A

Old September 5th 09, 07:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Sep 5, 3:31*am, "Charles D. Bohne" wrote:
On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 17:29:47 -0700 (PDT), Double-A
wrote:

We're doomed!
What's so bad about belonging to the Andromeda Galaxy one fine day?

We might lose our galactical identity and become Andromedans!
Double-A

Isn't she a beauty?http://www.solstation.com/x-objects/andromeda.htm

We should be proud to "blend in" :-))

C.

Yes, one big happy galaxy!

No more Andromy's and Milky's fighting intergalactic wars for
dominance, and trying to exterminate each other. Might be nice. Sort
of like the Tommies and the Sammies and the Jerries all get along now
on Earth.

Double-A

Old September 5th 09, 08:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Nightcrawler

Not to rain on your bong parade, but you are forgetting about the
terrorist Magellans.

Old September 5th 09, 08:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Sep 4, 2:07*pm, Double-A wrote:
[...]

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...ronomy-androme...

We're doomed!

Double-A

Eventually YES!

If Andromeda doesn't start getting us within the next million years,
eventually the Great Attractor most certainly will, and perhaps long
before then something contributed by and/or having been badly skewed
off course by the Sirius star/solar system should be interesting,
along with a few other blue-shifted stars headed our way. Apparently
the Big Bang has had a few ricochets (as having bounced off the event
horizon of our universe).

The outer most portions of these three galaxies could conceivably be
mixing it up within a few million years, exactly like we are currently
dealing with the relatively nearby Sirius-B Oort debris right about
now. Anything of intergalactic rogue and possibly retrograde
encounters should be extremely impressive.

The good news is, within a million years or less, the vast bulk of
humanity will likely no longer exist/coexist upon this badly depleted
and fully defrosted Earth. There may be a few of the most rich and
powerful in highly fortified settlements or otherwise highly guarded
compounds, and of course an enforced Caste system plus robots doing
most of the necessary work, but that's about it. So, perhaps no great
loss if a truly big one like Sedna or via whatever another galaxy has
to offer should impact and vaporize whatever's left.

The ultimate social/political and faith-based attitude readjustment:
Double-A had previously suggested we review a private/commercial
simulation as uploaded into youtube by “rocklobster182”, of what a
truly substantial meteor/asteroid planetoid collision might look like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYgEwXWilUc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjk-9yJBIG0
http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/impacteffects/

Clearly there’s an ongoing galactic tidal radii that’s roughly
extending a half million light years from those multiple black holes
at the core of Andromeda/M31 (similar to the slightly greater tidal
reach of the Milky Way). In other words, perhaps we’ll need to clear
Andromeda by at least a million and preferably a healthy 2 million
light years from either galactic core, that is unless you feel real
lucky.
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/...0301/1/galaxy1
Unfortunately, it seems we’re only 2.4 million light years apart as
is, and closing that gap at 300+ km/s. (in as little as 400,000 years
and 2 million light years GC to GC), what could possibly start going
wrong?

Old September 5th 09, 08:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

wrote:

We're doomed!

What's so bad about belonging to the Andromeda Galaxy one fine day?
C.

We might lose our galactical identity and become Andromedans!

Double-A

What if Andromedans are not Jewish?

How could we sustain our bogus wartime economy and cause artificial
global inflation, pollution and our denial of global warming without a
sufficiently Zionist mindset?

Perhaps we should start early, false flag accusing those Andromedans
as being Muslim terrorists.

~ BG
Old September 5th 09, 08:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

wrote:

We're doomed!

What's so bad about belonging to the Andromeda Galaxy one fine day?
C.

We might lose our galactical identity and become Andromedans!

Double-A

What if Andromedans are not Jewish?

Hmmm. Never thought of that!

How could we sustain our bogus wartime economy and cause artificial
global inflation, pollution and our denial of global warming without a
sufficiently Zionist mindset?

Perhaps we should start early, false flag accusing those Andromedans
as being Muslim terrorists.

*~ BG

Always the man with the ideas! I like that!

Double-A

Old September 5th 09, 09:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

wrote:

We're doomed!

What's so bad about belonging to the Andromeda Galaxy one fine day?
C.

We might lose our galactical identity and become Andromedans!

Double-A

What if Andromedans are not Jewish?

Hmmm. *Never thought of that!

How could we sustain our bogus wartime economy and cause artificial
global inflation, pollution and our denial of global warming without a
sufficiently Zionist mindset?

Perhaps we should start early, false flag accusing those Andromedans
as being Muslim terrorists.

*~ BG

Always the man with the ideas! *I like that!

Double-A

Perhaps we could start off by sending bogus messages in fast probes
headed towards Andromeda, doing all that we can to **** them off by
way of false flag sorts of supposedly Muslim disinformation, and
otherwise inflammatory racial insults.

Using laser cannon transmitted packets would get there at the speed of
light. Each speedy probe should laser cannon equipped.

~ BG
Old September 5th 09, 09:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Sep 5, 12:11*pm, BradGuth wrote:
On Sep 4, 2:07*pm, Double-A wrote:

[...]

That Great Attractlor must be a huge black hole to have us so
attracted to it!

and perhaps long
before then something contributed by and/or having been badly skewed
off course by the Sirius star/solar system should be interesting,
along with a few other blue-shifted stars headed our way. *Apparently
the Big Bang has had a few ricochets (as having bounced off the event
horizon of our universe).

Bounced off?

[...]

Hey, we're lucky we made it this far! Don't you know? The universe
is trying to kill us!

*http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/...0301/1/galaxy1
*Unfortunately, it seems we’re only 2.4 million light years apart as
is, and closing that gap at 300+ km/s. (in as little as 400,000 years
and 2 million light years GC to GC), what could possibly start going
wrong?

*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

Double-A

Old September 5th 09, 10:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Sure you want to **** them off? You know the local galaxy group that
we move with? Some 36 galaxies.