Cat in Zero-G MOV file

Old November 2nd 04, 01:40 PM
Scott Lowther

Default Cat in Zero-G MOV file

As the original seems to have been deleted or something, here's a copy.

http://up-ship.com/Stuff/cat.mov

Old November 3rd 04, 12:35 PM
bob haller

As the original seems to have been deleted or something, here's a copy.

http://up-ship.com/Stuff/cat.mov

did they really toss the cat?

looks kinda cruel, and I dont like cats...
..
..
End the dangerous wasteful shuttle now before it kills any more astronauts....
Old November 3rd 04, 06:17 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , bob haller
writes

As the original seems to have been deleted or something, here's a copy.

http://up-ship.com/Stuff/cat.mov

did they really toss the cat?

looks kinda cruel, and I dont like cats...

The US space program has a long and inglorious history of going beyond
what most people would consider acceptable in its treatment of animals -
"testing chimpanzees to destruction" in centrifuges, the early V2
experiments, the "training" described in "The Right Stuff".
--
What have they got to hide? Release the ESA Beagle 2 report.
Old November 3rd 04, 08:12 PM
Vincent D. DeSimone

As the original seems to have been deleted or something, here's a copy.

http://up-ship.com/Stuff/cat.mov

did they really toss the cat?

looks kinda cruel, and I dont like cats...

The US space program has a long and inglorious history of going beyond
what most people would consider acceptable in its treatment of animals -
"testing chimpanzees to destruction" in centrifuges, the early V2
experiments, the "training" described in "The Right Stuff".

I agree, unfortunately. Still, I watched the MOV file; I would have
expected the ASCAN (at least, he dresses like one) to release the cat into
mid-air zero-G, not throw the thing up hard against the opposite cabin wall.
All the while, the two "ladies" (ASCANs as well?) are looking on like it's a
hoot... Not very PC these days.

Old November 3rd 04, 09:05 PM
Chuck Stewart

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:12:17 +0000, Vincent D. DeSimone wrote:

I agree, unfortunately. Still, I watched the MOV file; I would have
expected the ASCAN (at least, he dresses like one) to release the cat into
mid-air zero-G, not throw the thing up hard against the opposite cabin wall.

More than likely testing to see if the cat would orient to the approaching
wall as if it were the "ground"... but I would like to see the written
proposal, goals, methodology, and data recorded for this experiment... if
there were any.

--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"

Old November 3rd 04, 11:53 PM
Pat Flannery

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

The US space program has a long and inglorious history of going beyond
what most people would consider acceptable in its treatment of animals
- "testing chimpanzees to destruction" in centrifuges, the early V2
experiments, the "training" described in "The Right Stuff".

Back when von Braun was in his school days, he constructed a homemade
centrifuge out of a bicycle wheel and a can; a mouse was placed in the
can, and the gizmo revved up to high RPM- the result was a thin
horizontal stripe of mouse blood on all four of the walls of the room
that the centrifuge was in.

Pat

Old November 3rd 04, 11:56 PM
Pat Flannery

Vincent D. DeSimone wrote:

I agree, unfortunately. Still, I watched the MOV file; I would have
expected the ASCAN (at least, he dresses like one) to release the cat into
mid-air zero-G, not throw the thing up hard against the opposite cabin wall.

I think the intention was to see if it would arrive at the wall
feet-first, as it would if it were falling toward the ground.

Pat

Old November 4th 04, 12:02 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Pat Flannery
writes

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

The US space program has a long and inglorious history of going
beyond what most people would consider acceptable in its treatment of
animals - "testing chimpanzees to destruction" in centrifuges, the
early V2 experiments, the "training" described in "The Right Stuff".

Back when von Braun was in his school days, he constructed a homemade
centrifuge out of a bicycle wheel and a can; a mouse was placed in the
can, and the gizmo revved up to high RPM- the result was a thin
horizontal stripe of mouse blood on all four of the walls of the room
that the centrifuge was in.

Von Braun should have been jailed with the other war criminals. If his
record hadn't been sanitised he would never have been allowed into the
USA.

Old November 4th 04, 02:23 AM
Scott Lowther

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

Von Braun should have been jailed with the other war criminals.

In general, only war criminals are so jailed. Von Braun was not. He did
the bulk of his work in R&D, and was not in the slightest responsible
for slave labor. That was Dornberger.

Old November 4th 04, 02:27 AM
LooseChanj

On or about Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:56:13 -0600, Pat Flannery made the sensational claim that:
I think the intention was to see if it would arrive at the wall
feet-first, as it would if it were falling toward the ground.

Only if it had had buttered toast on its back.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | Just because something
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | is possible, doesn't

Compressing an AVI File by a Moving Integration & Media Player W. Watson Amateur Astronomy 8 February 11th 04 09:45 PM
VxWorks (?) Flash File System on the MERs Jan C. Vorbrüggen Technology 6 February 6th 04 04:39 AM
./setiathome: Exec format error. Binary file not executable. Rollo SETI 2 January 5th 04 09:32 PM
currupt file mack rc jonathan SETI 4 November 30th 03 12:07 PM
AAVSO file type question Hogrider Amateur Astronomy 4 September 22nd 03 04:42 PM