Monday Night

Old January 18th 05, 06:21 AM
starlord

Default Monday Night

Not having much to do but dry out everything after last weeks 4inch of rain,
and with a good clear sky, I went to the corner and set up. I watched cars
going by and nothing much going on. I was thinking of closeing up shop about
8pm when a guy came over and we ended up talking about the price of parts
and the building of a scope. So I do think there's going to be a new ATMer
in the months ahead.

After he left, a man and two kids came over, they got to see Saturn and then
the moon too and I handed out a few leftover stickers from JPL. We talked
for a good 15 to 20 mins before they got real cold and had to leave.

I've got to repaint my signs next month so people know what's going on.

--

SIAR
www.starlords.org

Old January 18th 05, 07:25 AM
Uncle Bob

starlord wrote:
Not having much to do but dry out everything after last weeks 4inch of rain,
and with a good clear sky, I went to the corner and set up. I watched cars
going by and nothing much going on. I was thinking of closeing up shop about
8pm when a guy came over and we ended up talking about the price of parts
and the building of a scope. So I do think there's going to be a new ATMer
in the months ahead.

After he left, a man and two kids came over, they got to see Saturn and then
the moon too and I handed out a few leftover stickers from JPL. We talked
for a good 15 to 20 mins before they got real cold and had to leave.

I've got to repaint my signs next month so people know what's going on.

A productive evening!
I am thinking about a sign for sidewalk work.
Something in masonite with interchangable target boards to indicate the
current target. Sort of like the ones realtors use.

Available:
The Universe|Solar System| --interchangable, velcro or hooks.
|Saturn|Jupiter|Mars|Luna| --interchangable, velcro or hooks.
Inquire within.

Currently, 10:24pm Monday, on Mt. Tamalpias in Marin County California,
visibility is about 20 ft in dense fog. Earlier, a hole appeared above
my house and I was able to see Saturn. But it closed rather quickly.

Clear Skies,
Uncle Bob

Old January 18th 05, 04:17 PM
starlord

Well, my sign was/is made up of the end parts to an old dresser someone had
dumped. It was mostly gone, so I tore it apart, got a hinge and put it at
the top to form a sandwich style one. It stands about 4 ft tall. It's close
to 4 years old now and the last buch of storms didn't do it any good. So
I'll have to scroung a sheet of sandpaper and go over it and next month get
to wal-mart to buy their El CheapO spray paint. I just have one word on
either side running from top to bottom ...

Telescope.

The Sign I had before this one was made of about the same but it didn't last
but 2 years before falling apart.

Oh BTW, March marks 7 years here.

--

SIAR