Free Presentation on NASA Project Mercury Program at PWAM

Old April 29th 08, 04:28 AM posted to sci.space.history
Jason[_2_]

Default Free Presentation on NASA Project Mercury Program at PWAM

WHO: The Pueblo Weisbrod Aircraft Museum (PWAM) and Pueblo Historical
Aircraft Society (PHAS)

WHAT: will host a presentation by Lt. Commander John Bradford ( US
Navy Retired) detailing his experiences recovering astronauts with the
Project Mercury Program from their ocean landings or “splash downs”.

WHE At the Pueblo Weisbrod Aircraft Museum located on the grounds
of the Pueblo, Memorial Airport 31001 Magnuson Ave. The Pueblo
Memorial Airport (PUB) is located six miles east of Pueblo Colorado
on Colorado 96/US Highway 50 East.

WHEN: 5 May 2008 starting at 7 PM.

COST: Admission is FREE. Donations greatly appreciated.

CONTACT INFORMATION: Contact the Pueblo Weisbrod Aircraft Museum at
(719)948-9219 or by email at . Visit the museum’s
website at
www.pwam.org .

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Project Mercury program was the first US
manned space program and consisted of sub orbital and orbital
missions. Lt. Commander Bradford is a retired Naval Aviator with
experience flying a variety of US Navy aircraft.

Jason Unwin
Education Officer
Pueblo Weisbrod Aircraft Museum
www.pwam.org
(719)948-9219

Old April 29th 08, 05:39 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:28:41 -0700 (PDT), Jason
wrote:

COST: Admission is FREE. Donations greatly appreciated.

....OFFER FOR TAPE OF LECTU My left nut, seeing as how the right
leg's already claimed.

(Seriously, I'd love to be present for this one!)

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old April 30th 08, 03:11 AM posted to sci.space.history
Ry Alford

...OFFER FOR TAPE OF LECTU My left nut, seeing as how the right
leg's already claimed.

(Seriously, I'd love to be present for this one!)

OM

I agree. At least an audio recording of the presentation. Sounds
like a great one.

Hope the recovery goes well OM!