OM back in hospital yet again

Old March 24th 08, 04:19 PM posted to sci.space.history
Derek Lyons

Default OM back in hospital yet again

Pat Flannery wrote:

Derek Lyons wrote:
Underway we actually live on more-or-less an 18 hour rhythm.

I've read that, but there must be hell to pay when you get back to home
port and hit something like severe jet lag after a long patrol.*

Never really noticed anything resembling jet lag. I usually chalked
the tiredness up to the six hour time shift (shifting from Zulu (UTC,
which we kept at sea) time to Lima (local, King's bay for use) time)
and the generall madhouse that was end-of-patrol.

* Your book review of "Spy Sub" BTW?
I thought that was of the only realistic slices-of-life on a nuclear sub
I ever read.

Didn't care for it much, never finished it.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old April 26th 08, 05:06 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
Meanwhile, I'm now minus my right upper canine tooth due to decay.

Pat, I discovered that my teeth are much easier to clean now that they are
in a jar at night :P

Old May 1st 08, 12:38 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" wrote in message
And they don't explain why theey use nukes when Tylium seems to be even
more powerful (my guess is Tylium while explosive, can't react fast enough
or something.)

It's not like tylium can blow up a planet or anything

Old May 1st 08, 12:45 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" wrote in message
Well note, taht the retraction in theory is because otherwise they'd
extend beyond the size of the 'hyperspace' bubble.

I suspect that not retracting them in that case would suck a great deal more
than the trouble of maintaining the retraction mechanism