OM back in hospital yet again

Old March 14th 08, 01:30 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default OM back in hospital yet again

Some sort of staph infection, but surprisingly maybe not related to his
foot.
We have a photo of the suspected bacteria involved he
http://www.creaturescape.com/intervi...n/hedorah5.jpg
They are performing endoscopic investigations on him, and you can see
the critter crawling around in him:
http://www.cyberphysics.pwp.blueyond.../endoscope.jpg
Meanwhile, I'm now minus my right upper canine tooth due to decay.
This is really going to cut into my secret life as a werewolf come the
21st of the month.

Pat
Old March 14th 08, 01:48 AM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:30:43 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Some sort of staph infection, but surprisingly maybe not related to his
foot.
We have a photo of the suspected bacteria involved he
http://www.creaturescape.com/intervi...n/hedorah5.jpg
They are performing endoscopic investigations on him, and you can see
the critter crawling around in him:
http://www.cyberphysics.pwp.blueyond.../endoscope.jpg

Thanks for letting us know, Pat, despite the tasteless pics.

Meanwhile, I'm now minus my right upper canine tooth due to decay.
This is really going to cut into my secret life as a werewolf come the
21st of the month.

I have a feeling that will be less than disappointing to your
neighbors.
Old March 15th 08, 12:51 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bash

the critter crawling around in him:http://www.cyberphysics.pwp.blueyond...iagrams/Light/...
Meanwhile, I'm now minus my right upper canine tooth due to decay.
This is really going to cut into my secret life as a werewolf come the
21st of the month.

Pat

Blimey Pat, is it possible you have leprosy since so many body parts
are falling off your good self? ;-p
Old March 15th 08, 12:55 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bash

On 14 Mar, 00:30, Pat Flannery wrote:
Some sort of staph infection, but surprisingly maybe not related to his
foot.
We have a photo of the suspected bacteria involved hehttp://www.creaturescape.com/intervi...n/hedorah5.jpg
They are performing endoscopic investigations on him, and you can see
the critter crawling around in him:http://www.cyberphysics.pwp.blueyond...iagrams/Light/...
Meanwhile, I'm now minus my right upper canine tooth due to decay.
This is really going to cut into my secret life as a werewolf come the
21st of the month.

Pat

Please send best wishes to OM.

If only he had the usenet equivalent of this for the trolls here ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-ayCF3RF4
Old March 15th 08, 09:16 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Bash wrote:
Blimey Pat, is it possible you have leprosy since so many body parts
are falling off your good self? ;-p

Let's see...so far it's the right big toe, the left big toenail (it's
growing back), and the right upper canine.
I think, like a old car, all the parts are starting to fail with greater
frequency and one after the other.
There's a old Chinese saying: "After age 40, illnesses begin to descend
on a man like a swarm of bees." :-)
No updates as of yet on OM's condition, but the staph infection was
supposed to be pretty severe.

Pat

Old March 15th 08, 08:00 PM posted to sci.space.history
Terrell Miller

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

No updates as of yet on OM's condition, but the staph infection was
supposed to be pretty severe.

no joke, MRSA is potentially life-threatening. Hope he fights off the nasty
varmints.

--
Terrell Miller

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee - that
will do them in."
- Bradley's Bromide

Old March 16th 08, 08:52 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

No updates as of yet on OM's condition, but the staph infection was
supposed to be pretty severe.

And still nothing, which is worrying.
During his toe amputation he was sending me daily updates on his condition.

Pat
Old March 16th 08, 09:44 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

Pat Flannery wrote:

No updates as of yet on OM's condition, but the staph infection was
supposed to be pretty severe.

And still nothing, which is worrying.
During his toe amputation he was sending me daily updates on his

condition.

Pat

Have you emailed him?

Old March 16th 08, 08:10 PM posted to sci.space.history
Peter Stickney

Terrell Miller wrote:

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

No updates as of yet on OM's condition, but the staph infection was
supposed to be pretty severe.

no joke, MRSA is potentially life-threatening. Hope he fights off the
nasty varmints.

No joke at all - my wife went through a bout of MRSA last summer, and into
the fall. Really nasty stuff, involving stuff like surgery to remove
necrotic tissue.
Pat, if you get back in touch with OM, tell him to take care of himself.

--
Pete Stickney
Without data, all you have is an opinion
Old March 17th 08, 05:32 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Terrell Miller wrote:

no joke, MRSA is potentially life-threatening. Hope he fights off the nasty
varmints.

He said he didn't have MRS, but still no update messages.
He did say in his original message that whatever type of staph he did
have was pretty severe, to the point when he first went into the
hospital it was considered life-threatening.
He's nothing if not talkative and outspoken, so silence on his part is
very odd, and would seem to suggest he can't write for some reason.
Of course if it was so severe that they amputated his lower leg, we'd
all know just what he'd do.
He'd stick on a bone peg-leg made from the lower jaw of a Sperm Whale
and set forth around Cape Horn and through the Norway Maelstrom to
revenge himself on the trolls that caused his illness by constantly
getting him worked up into a state of high and righteous anger when he
should have been sleeping.
Boy, but I wish he'd taken his demands for bottom posting and editing
unnecessary content of postings over to the other newsgroups I contact,
because they could sure use some advice like that.
He may have gone a bit (okay...maybe _more_ than a bit) over the top
with it, but it's a very good idea as far as getting the meat out of new
postings as far as the time spent reading them goes, and streamlines
things a great deal.

Pat