It is finally the 21st century and there will be flying cars.

Old February 11th 18, 05:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default It is finally the 21st century and there will be flying cars.

They will be like the flying cars in some of the Star Wars episodes. You get into your car program it where you want to go and it takes you there.
Old February 11th 18, 08:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Mark Earnest wrote:
They will be like the flying cars in some of the Star Wars episodes.
You get into your car program it where you want to go and it takes you
there.

It's too late to appease me with your worthless promises.
In the 1950's and 60's Everyone promised me I'll own a flyinn' car by the
year 2000.

So I hung around, and found out they were lying to me.

Old February 11th 18, 09:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 11:42:09 AM UTC-8, Bast wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote:
They will be like the flying cars in some of the Star Wars episodes.
You get into your car program it where you want to go and it takes you
there.

It's too late to appease me with your worthless promises.
In the 1950's and 60's Everyone promised me I'll own a flyinn' car by the
year 2000.

So I hung around, and found out they were lying to me.

I think I can remember seeing a picture of a flying car in my Weekly Reader in the first grade! That was in about 1956! Where are they? Of course we were told space travel between planets would be routine by 2000. Seems that when Von von Braun died, that dream died with him, and incompetency triumphed at NASA!

Double-A

Old February 11th 18, 09:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

They will be like the flying cars in some of the Star Wars episodes. You
get into your car program it where you want to go and it takes you there.

*** as long as they don't allow women to get a license to
operate them ... they may be involved in less accidents than
men, but they cause three times as many.

Old February 11th 18, 10:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 2:33:09 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

They will be like the flying cars in some of the Star Wars episodes. You
get into your car program it where you want to go and it takes you there.

*** as long as they don't allow women to get a license to
operate them ... they may be involved in less accidents than
men, but they cause three times as many.

No one needs a license, no one drives. You just tell it where to go and it takes you there.

Old February 12th 18, 02:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

Mark Earnest wrote:
On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 2:33:09 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

They will be like the flying cars in some of the Star Wars episodes. You
get into your car program it where you want to go and it takes you there.

*** as long as they don't allow women to get a license to
operate them ... they may be involved in less accidents than
men, but they cause three times as many.

No one needs a license, no one drives. You just tell it where to go and it takes you there.

Last week, I was watching an episode of "The Last Leg" featuring Stephen
Fry as the guest.

Stephen mentioned an incident in an "robot" car, where the driver said
"Hey, look at this!!" and let go of the steering wheel.

Things went O.K. until they were on a piece of roadway which had a
concrete centre divide, and the road curved .... and the driver freeked
out and took manual control before the car ran into the centre divide.

Seems there might still be some bugs to iron out before "we" can go
"hands free"!!

--
Daniel
Old February 12th 18, 02:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote:
On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 2:33:09 PM UTC-6, Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

They will be like the flying cars in some of the Star Wars episodes. You
get into your car program it where you want to go and it takes
you there. *** as long as they don't allow women to get a license to
operate them ... they may be involved in less accidents than
men, but they cause three times as many.

No one needs a license, no one drives. You just tell it where to go
and it takes you there.

Last week, I was watching an episode of "The Last Leg" featuring Stephen
Fry as the guest.

Stephen mentioned an incident in an "robot" car, where the driver said
"Hey, look at this!!" and let go of the steering wheel.

Things went O.K. until they were on a piece of roadway which had a
concrete centre divide, and the road curved .... and the driver freeked
out and took manual control before the car ran into the centre divide.

Seems there might still be some bugs to iron out before "we" can go
"hands free"!!

More to think about is that when the driverless drone cars do go bad.
It's fairly unlikely that there will be any survivors to tell the tale, and
the cause will be officially listed as "driver error".

Old February 13th 18, 08:33 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

Bast wrote:
Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote:
[...]

Yeap!! Well, it was the driver that choose to switch on the Auto-pilot!!

I wonder if it will get to be like here in Australia where a Licensed
Driver supervising a Learner Driver has to be under the Alcohol Limit as
well!!

So you couldn't go out for a good night on the "turps" and then just put
the car into "auto-pilot" and away you go!!

--
Daniel
Old February 12th 18, 12:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

They will be like the flying cars in some of the Star Wars episodes. You
get into your car program it where you want to go and it takes you
there.

*** as long as they don't allow women to get a license to
operate them ... they may be involved in less accidents than
men, but they cause three times as many.

Doesn't matter how things are done, it's only the end result that counts.
And doesn't that also mean that women must also be better drivers if they
can avoid the accidents that you claim other women cause,....while men
don't.

Besides,...as a public service, we only take out idjuts on motersikles, as
they have a death wish anyway.

Old February 12th 18, 06:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

They will be like the flying cars in some of the Star Wars episodes. You
get into your car program it where you want to go and it takes you
there.

*** as long as they don't allow women to get a license to
operate them ... they may be involved in less accidents than
men, but they cause three times as many.

Doesn't matter how things are done, it's only the end result that counts.
And doesn't that also mean that women must also be better drivers if they
can avoid the accidents that you claim other women cause,....while men
don't.

Besides,...as a public service, we only take out idjuts on motersikles, as
they have a death wish anyway.

*** as usual, you're talking trough your ass. Harley riders ride neat
and orderly, in staggered formation, following the flow of traffic.
The crotch-rocket jockeys, on the other hand, switch lanes constantly,
split lanes while traffic is in motion, cut people off without turn signals
and do wheelies at 80 mph. They are the folks that need eradication
from our roads.