The REAL source of Gravity might SURPRISE you...

Old July 9th 20, 03:02 PM posted to alt.sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default The REAL source of Gravity might SURPRISE you...

The real reason why we have gravity is not only because of space
curvature, but also because of time dilation, the two basic tenets of
Relativity. Space curvature is easy to visualize, but not so much time
dilation. Here they visualize time dilation like fluid flow. You might
be surprised that most of the gravity we feel on Earth is from time
dilation, because we're not in orbit around the Earth.

https://youtu.be/F5PfjsPdBzg
Old September 10th 20, 11:07 PM posted to alt.sci.physics,sci.astro
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Yousuf Khan wrote:

The real reason why we have gravity is not only because of space
curvature, but also because of time dilation,

Utter nonsense.

the two basic tenets of Relativity.

“Time dilation” is just the kindergarten explanation for less elapsed proper
time. Obviously the actual concept of spaceTIME curvature INCLUDES this.

Space curvature is easy to visualize, but not so much time dilation.

See above.

Here they visualize time dilation like fluid flow.

“They” are LITERALLY giving a kindergarten explanation there by saying that
“gravity is curvature of spacetime”. NO, IT IS NOT: It is ONE observable
EFFECT of the curvature of spacetime.

--
PointedEars
FAQ: http://PointedEars.de/faq | http://PointedEars.de/es-matrix