'The Rocket Team' by Ordway and sharpe

Old August 29th 04, 04:44 AM
Tad Danley

Default 'The Rocket Team' by Ordway and sharpe

I just saw a copy of 'The Rocket Team' by Frederick Ordway and Mitchell
Sharpe at Barnes & Noble. The 2003 edition includes a DVD with segments
on rocket flights from the 1920s - 1960s, two lectures by von Braun,
footage of Redstone and Saturn launches and other information. Any
feedback from anyone who has read it?

Thanks in advance.

--
* Do NOT use Reply *

Reply to K3TD via arrl dot net

Tad, K3TD

Old August 29th 04, 10:28 AM
Paolo Ulivi

Tad Danley wrote:
I just saw a copy of 'The Rocket Team' by Frederick Ordway and Mitchell
Sharpe at Barnes & Noble. The 2003 edition includes a DVD with segments
on rocket flights from the 1920s - 1960s, two lectures by von Braun,
footage of Redstone and Saturn launches and other information. Any
feedback from anyone who has read it?

Thanks in advance.

The book is a reprint of the original version of the 1970s with some
appendices added. It is a very nice book, although at times I was a bit
disappointed.
The DVD includes some very interesting clips and others that could have
been skipped such as some amateurish movie of White Sands where V-2s do
not even appear!
If you don't own the original edition I would recommend it.

Old August 29th 04, 11:50 AM
Tom Randy

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 03:44:45 +0000, Tad Danley wrote:

I just saw a copy of 'The Rocket Team' by Frederick Ordway and Mitchell
Sharpe at Barnes & Noble. The 2003 edition includes a DVD with segments
on rocket flights from the 1920s - 1960s, two lectures by von Braun,
footage of Redstone and Saturn launches and other information. Any
feedback from anyone who has read it?

Thanks in advance.

I have the 1982 paperback, autographed. Worth getting.