Newbie help needed

Old June 10th 04, 03:17 AM
LouW

Default Newbie help needed

Hi,
I was channel wandering and came across a telescope offer on HSN (no boos please, I am a
newbie and the price seemed ok -$219 + shipping. They also have a 30 day refund policy).

I have been thinking about getting a telescope for many years and just jumped at this
chance.,

I just received a Meade DS-90 complete with AutoStar #494 controller.

First problem- Manual in box was for DS-114.

I downloaded the PDF file. The manual shows how to attach the #493 controller. Is there
any major differences?

Before people tell me to immediately send it back for something better, since it is
unpacked, I would like to play a bit.

Any suggestions about the controller? I would like to get setup for tonight.

Warm Regards,
Lou
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Santa Clarita, CA
N34 25.197 W118 31.841

email chocoholic2002 at comcast dot net(make necessary corrections)

Old June 10th 04, 03:56 AM
LouW

Hi again,
I was able to get the controller installed. But I think the wrong telescope was entered.
I cannot find a way to go back to the absolute beginning.

Since it is past 1800 PDT, Meade is closed. I live in CA and wonder if anyone familiar
with this system would let me call them. Please email me at lou at chocoholic1.net - (you
know how to fix the address. I would like get this operational tonight.

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 19:17:33 -0700, LouW wrote:

[...]

Orion XT6 Newbie experience David Amateur Astronomy 3 January 9th 04 01:55 AM
KSetiSpy question Eric SETI 12 November 23rd 03 05:51 PM
Never forget (Newbie experience) Rets Amateur Astronomy 14 October 6th 03 03:06 PM