Astronomy Clubs

Old January 11th 04, 03:54 PM
Michael Barlow

Default Astronomy Clubs

I know there are a number of places with lists of clubs but I would
assume that not every club is listed. With that idea in mind... Is there,
are there, any Astronomy clubs in the Finger Lakes area of NY? [with luck
someone in such a club is reading SAA]. I'm a member of the Rochester NY
club so I'm not missing anything but it would be nice to find other
formal/informal clubs in the area.

Finger Lakes...
Canandaigua,
Naples,
Penyan,
Geneva,
ect..
--
Michael A. Barlow

Old January 11th 04, 05:41 PM
Paul Below

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:54:21 GMT, "Michael Barlow"
wrote:

I know there are a number of places with lists of clubs but I would
assume that not every club is listed.

In the US most larger clubs belong to the Astronomical League.

http://www.astroleague.org/

They list 6 in NY State (I'm surprised there aren't more).

Sky and Telescope lists 25 clubs in New York State.

http://skyandtelescope.com/resources/organizations/

Paul Below
Battle Point Astronomical Association
Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
http://bainbridgeisland.org/ritchieobs/

Old January 11th 04, 10:46 PM
Chuck Taylor

I know you said you know the lists, but did you check at:
http://skyandtelescope.com/resources/organizations/

Clear Skies!

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
Try the Lunar Observing Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

Old January 11th 04, 11:45 PM
Mr 10 & 6

Still looking for a new place to flog off those insurance policies you be
peddling lately?
Old January 11th 04, 11:45 PM
Mr 10 & 6

Old January 11th 04, 11:45 PM