Gravity, Dark Matter, Alpha, & General Relativity

Old December 3rd 03, 04:25 AM
Klaatu

Default Gravity, Dark Matter, Alpha, & General Relativity

...." It appears that as gravity lost its grip on the universe to dark energy
and the universe has expanded, the bonds between electrons and protons have
gotten stronger. "...

...." What?s more, the pair?s findings may have profound implications for
uncovering violations of the equivalence principle ? a cornerstone of
Einstein?s general theory of relativity. "
http://www.astronomy.com/Content/Dyn...1/582xakvj.asp
Old December 3rd 03, 04:28 AM
Klaatu

Oops - that's Dark Energy not Dark Matter.
Old December 3rd 03, 05:24 AM
Starstuffed

"Klaatu" wrote in message

..." It appears that as gravity lost its grip on the universe

Interesting. Somewhere, and not too long ago, I read that in the end,
gravity (the weakest force of all) would probably "victor" over the others.

By "the end," I'm referring to "absolute end." This would be the point in
time which is marked by every star in every galaxy having gone stone cold
and all its matter then dispersed.

I'm a little vague on this since it's been a couple of years ago that I read
this information but if I recall correctly, what would be left of all that
ever was is a complete void between random black holes.

Anyone else got anything on this?

-----

Martin
To respond, remove "ilikestars" from my email address

Old December 3rd 03, 08:26 AM
Klaatu

Starstuffed wrote:

"Klaatu" wrote in message

..." It appears that as gravity lost its grip on the universe

Interesting. Somewhere, and not too long ago, I read that in the end,
gravity (the weakest force of all) would probably "victor" over the
others.

By "the end," I'm referring to "absolute end." This would be the point in
time which is marked by every star in every galaxy having gone stone cold
and all its matter then dispersed.

I'm a little vague on this since it's been a couple of years ago that I
read this information but if I recall correctly, what would be left of all
that ever was is a complete void between random black holes.

Anyone else got anything on this?

Even the black holes will eventually go away due to Hawking radiation.
Old December 3rd 03, 12:57 PM
Sam Wormley

Starstuffed wrote:

"Klaatu" wrote in message

..." It appears that as gravity lost its grip on the universe

Interesting. Somewhere, and not too long ago, I read that in the end,
gravity (the weakest force of all) would probably "victor" over the others.

Ned Wright's Cosmology Tutorial
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmolog.htm
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmology_faq.html

WMAP: Foundations of the Big Bang theory
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_uni.html

WMAP: Tests of Big Bang Cosmology
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_uni/uni_101bbtest.html
Old December 3rd 03, 05:01 PM
Wfoley2

Or, it COULD be that the Doppler effect is a great measurer of distance, and
due to the great distance of some objects, we are seeing them when the
expansion was much faster, leading to a possibly incorrect notion that the
expansion is accelerating instead of slowing.
The theory could be correct, but then again the physicists just might have
stopped looking at alternatives when they got one they liked...

Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

Old December 3rd 03, 05:02 PM
Wfoley2

Even the black holes will eventually go away due to Hawking radiation.

IF Hawking is correct.
Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)