What is Altair?

Old September 28th 03, 09:34 AM
Kent

Zarkovic wrote:

Hi again. I am assuming they mean the computer Altair, I did the search but
I keep getting some crappy museums and the names of the constellations.
Anyhow can u expand on what this calculator does and when was it made and so
on if u know. Thanks guys

Off the top of my head: made in mid '70's and didn't do much,
apparently. It was a kit you assembled, and every bit of information
had to be hand entered by flicking on-off switches. No monitor, only
little red lights to tell you if you'd done anything or not. A few years
back, a documentary called 'Triumph of the Nerds' chronicled the
evolution of the PC. You might want to see if your library has it. In
that they talked about the Altairs.

Here's some links I found quick-searching:

http://altair.ftldesign.com/
http://tinyurl.com/oxm4
http://tinyurl.com/oxm6

--

Remove "RemoveThisToReply" from address to reply